+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hello All - Potential ICSI IVFer big decisions ahead!

Hello All lovely BubHubbers ,

I have lurked in the corners for quite sometime (sounds highly inappropriate doesn't it!)

Just a (hopefully brief) background I am 28 next month and DH turned 34 this year. We moved to Melbourne from NZ about 18 months ago and before moving over we visited an IVF clinic to find out why I have had 4 miscarriages.

We received the 'delightful' news that DH has a low count of around 700 or 750 thousand and motility about ... 15%? Maybe slightly less. Which was a TOTAL shock - FS was gobsmacked we managed to get pregnant the 4 x to miscarry in the first place as he said we would 100% need ICSI IVF

So we didn't do much with the information as we were saving to move to Melbourne although FS did tell us that if we wanted to go ahead with IVF we would need to keep in mind time is a factor as my miscarriage risk elevates with age and DH stats will only decline with time also.

ANYWAY fast forward two (I now feel wasted) years and it has come to crunch time - there is many things we want to do financially but IVF always lurks in the conversation so DH has now called make or break time as he has always wanted to be a dad (and he would be a rockstar father ) but wanted to before 30 and now feels it is too late.

It has taken a very long time for me to get my head around this being the path for us and so on the 18th we are meeting with Dr Barak of MIVF to go over NZ results and talk a game plan so we can gather all the financial information etc and make an informed decision. It is nerve wracking I don't like the idea of the strain IVF will put us through but I also don't want to regret our decision in years to come of not even trying! I am trying to think along the lines of "but what if I fall?", "Oh but my darling what if you fly?"

So anyway just wanted to say hello and looking forward to a lot of chats with all you lovely supportive people

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hello hapuhope and welcome to Bubhub.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

hapuhope  (08-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Welcome to bubhub! Good luck with your decision. Ivf is the best thing my girlfriend and I have ever done.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

hapuhope  (08-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's scary and sometimes it is hard but your chances might be good and then it might be the best thing you have done x

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bounty For This Useful Post:

hapuhope  (08-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! I'm new to the forum too, and I'm at egg pickup stage of my first IVF cycle. My hubby and I had a few long discussions about IVF as well, it's all in my side though (PCOS) so different circumstance. I'm 30 now and we have also decided to bite the bullet and give it a shot while I'm younger and the chances are higher.

Whatever you guys decide I wish you all the best! 😊

9. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeymama For This Useful Post:

hapuhope  (17-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @jaybu84

Thank you for your reply and kind words =)

It's so good to have so many others that can relate! I strongly believe that going ahead well be the right choice and if we don't he will absolutely regret it but you just can't tell him ha ha!
    It's a money factor more than anything I think and he hadn't said as much but of course he wants to avoid more heartache. It needs to be a decision we are both halt with. We see the FS Thursday to get more info about our options so that's an exciting start

Best of luck for a BFP and a super sticky for you! I look forward to seeing how you go =)

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm new here too and also starting icsi in a couple weeks. I'm 28 and hubby 34. We both have kids from previous relations but now want one together our only issue is hubby has a vasectomy. Good luck

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Knaadams For This Useful Post:

hapuhope  (17-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!

Awesome, all the best and hope your journey is a short one

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hapuhope - well I'm super glad we chose IVF!! I'm currently 6 weeks pregnant! Our first ever cycle, I only collected one egg and here we are! A total miracle for us, we had really talked ourselves into the fact that it would take 2-3 cycles for it to stick. I had a scan last week and saw a teeny tiny heartbeat flickering on the screen
    Still not out of the woods by a long shot - but further than I've been before. What amazing technology, we're all so lucky to have access to it.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1413785347.665719.jpg

I hope you're well! Did you decide either way? How is it all going for you? X

15. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeymama For This Useful Post:

hapuhope  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awwww @jaybu84 congratulations! :thumbup: that is great news and how amazing is this photo! So happy for you and sending big sticky vibes!

Just what i needed to hear - thank you for sharing!

We need to have a lot more tests done to understand the full procedure and cost so perhaps in the new year we will have a better idea (so in short not yet lol)

Thankyou for your story too @mushy that is encouraging to hear and will pass your view along to hubby

Sent from my GT-P5210 using The Bub Hub mobile app