+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Random Topic!

Hi,
    Just thought I'd ask as I'm curious.. While at the vet having my dog vaccinated this morning..
    Thought I'd put the question out for both vaxxers and non vaxxers.
    If u don't vaccinate your child/ren do you still choose to vaccinate your pets? Is there reason you would choose to vaccinate pets but not children. Yes I understand vaccines are completely different but I'm asking this as a more general question.

Not looking for an argument just generally curious.

Also yes I am a strong believer in vaccinating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following - awesome topic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I vaccinate my cat despite her being a mainly in door cat. My housemates cat is unvaccinated and getting rather old (16 human years), so it's to protect my cat and hers.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's just a thought, I don't wanna argue with people just hoping to hear opinions on why people would vaccinate their dog or cat and not their child.

For the record my 2 dogs and 2 cats are vaccinated. So is my son.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dad vaccinates his cows but doesn't vaccinate my little half sister. Haven't asked him why as we have an unspoken rule not to discuss vaccines as we will never see eye to eye.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by just her chameleon View Post
    My dad vaccinates his cows but doesn't vaccinate my little half sister. Haven't asked him why as we have an unspoken rule not to discuss vaccines as we will never see eye to eye.
    We farm a few cattle & your dad probably wouldn't be able to sell them if he didn't vaccinate, as they would be in such poor condition. Plus the abbatoir can't sell meat that has any sort of infection I think? My DH refuses to eat organic beef because he thinks it's cruel & disgusting not to vaccinate stock. We vaccinate our (many) animals & our kid. Interested to hear if any vax one but not the other!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey82 View Post
    We farm a few cattle & your dad probably wouldn't be able to sell them if he didn't vaccinate, as they would be in such poor condition. Plus the abbatoir can't sell meat that has any sort of infection I think? My DH refuses to eat organic beef because he thinks it's cruel & disgusting not to vaccinate stock. We vaccinate our (many) animals & our kid. Interested to hear if any vax one but not the other!
    Oh it's just a hobby farm. He doesn't sell them, just for personal use

Thanks
    Reviews
    Except for his heartworm shot, I'm not nearly as vigilant with vaccinating our dog as I am with being up to date with the kids. Firstly because it seems excessive that they must be done every year. Secondly, well.. the dog has been run over by a car (our car!) and trampled by a horse - we're just not as precious about him as we are the kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont vaccinate my animals as after the first 3 initial puppy/kitten shots there is simply no need. My 6 cats are 3-4 years old all had the first 3 and none since, they have been in contact with cat flu, pneumonia etc etc at least 2-3 times a year as i rescue from pounds and not once have they ever been sick.

ETA; ive discussed this with 5 different vets at different clinics and even an RSPCA inspector as well as my vet nursing teachers. Every single one has said to vaccinate yearly is not just unnecessary but also excessive. If anything once every 3 years is more then enough.
    Last edited by MummaCat; 08-09-2014 at 13:26.