+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How long did you bleed for after d&c?

I had a d&c on 27 august. It's now 7 September so I'm up to day 11. I haven't had heavy bleeding but after six days it slowed to light spotting then it was like it recharged itself or something. Feel gross. Over it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah its a rough experience!

I can't remember how long for me exactly... Maybe a week??? I did feel very bruised and sore but all of that stuff seemed to fade into insignificance compared to the emotional side of things.

How are you doing?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Que Sera For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (07-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm ok I think. I did feel better once the pregnancy hormones were out of my system. I just feel anxious that there's something wrong with me and it's going to happen again. We're in the process of renovating and I have this image in my head of us rattling around a big house that was designed for multiple children, and me being unable to have any more. Silly, I know. I need to just deal with my natural instinct to assume the worst.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hang in there. It is horrible to feel like that, been there!!

We were reno'ing a big old farm house at the time of both of my MCs too. I remember wondering how we would fill those rooms too. The biggest mindf**k is the feeling that 'things will go wrong again' when you do fall pregnant again. It seems to rob you of the happiness that others seem to be able to enjoy in blissful ignorance. I couldn't enjoy the pregnancy of DD and felt like something would go wrong, right up until I was handed her at the CS! With DS, I started to enjoy things and not being so worried during 3rd trimester. That dread feeling still lurks but it isn't as strong as it was for me a couple of years ago.

What really helped me was to go and get a decent gyn/obstetrician. Are you being looked after by one or a good gp???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I'm trying to find a group about D&C as I have just found out I've got 'blighted ovum' which means I need to have the D&C procedure done, however don't know anything about it. I was 8 weeks and the embio stopped developing at 6.5weeks. I went in for a dating scan and this how it was all found out. My Hcg levels were still going up which is the craziest thing of all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry for your loss Lupita. That's pretty much what happened to me too. I found out at 8 weeks 3 that my baby died at 7 weeks 5. In those five days since it passed away and I found out my hormones went up and I started getting pregnancy symptoms for the first time. It lulls you into a false sense of security doesn't it?

As for the d&c, I found it quick and painless.