+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think you should rule out reflux - it is different in all babies, and if it is that, then you may be able to stop it relatively easily.

It doesn't sound like hunger....sorry - not much advice, it is such a sucky stage to be in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    He doesn't cry when lying flat on the change table or a play mat and his Dr doesn't think he has reflux. I am so paranoid about reflux, I have mentioned it at all his clinic and Dr appointments!

I spoke to an ABA counsellor today who was really helpful and reassuring about his behaviour and feeding.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

beebs  (11-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    ... did it settle your baby? DS is 6wks old and his feeds are so erratic. I know it's early days but it's really stressing me out. He cluster feeds for hours at night (like 4hrs or more at a time) and during the day will only sleep in my arms or in the car or pram. It's exhausting and I'm struggling.

I'm wondering if bottle feeding will save my sanity...

Hi Cue,

I never switched to bottle feeding but came very close when DS was approx 4 months. We were having a lot of issues and were in extended breast refusal territory. It broke my heart.

Not sure if this will make you feel any better, but I also have a newborn.

She is 8 weeks old.
    She cluster feeds from 2/3 pm until 8pm every night with only catnaps during that time.
    She won't sleep in the pram
    She doesn't even like the car, so no sleep in there.
    She is easier--by far--than my high needs DS. All her sleeps during the day are in a carrier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So I had some success today with a hugabub wrap/carrier and he's just settled using a white noise app on my phone. I'll try to transfer him with this going and see what happens.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (11-09-2014),NoteToSelf  (11-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

I need to try the hugabub again I think.
    I have a sleepy wrap. Hug a bub without the price tag.

Dd was ok with soft structure carrier earlier on but now it is all about the sleepy wrap. I honestly would not be coping--my family wouldn't be coping, without it. Because of it, life feels pretty good! Especially when she wants a boob in her mouth for 5-6 hours straight each arvo/evening and I have a toddler to get to sleep, dinner to do, and much more I'd like to do besides...but obviously can't.

If you watch his tired signs and get him in it once he's showing signs, he should get the idea. I think most babies don't love being worn at first...dd loves the wrap now.

What's his overnight sleeping like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Overnight sleep is good, he slept for a 7hr stretch last night but it's usually 4 or 5hrs with a 2-3 hour sleep after a feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Overnight sleep is good, he slept for a 7hr stretch last night but it's usually 4 or 5hrs with a 2-3 hour sleep after a feed.
    This sleeping pattern is exactly like my dd. She was doing 3-4 hour first stretch. There had been a couple 5 hours and one 6. Then about 2 weeks ago, after I'd fallen in a heap and was on my knees sobbing my eyes out in the afternoon after having hung up the phone on my husband saying "you don't know how hard this is and you don't care!", meanwhile my 2.5 y/o son hugs me from the side and says "it's ok mummy", well that night she slept 7.5 hours the first stretch. Shortest first stretch she's done since then is 5 hours and she did a 9 your the other night! Mostly 7.5 though.

All of a sudden life became bearable again...amazing what sleep will do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still having some small successes but nothing consistent yet. I just can't get him to have a decent day sleep. His feeding is still all over the place too. I was quite full this morning and it took half the day before I started feeling like he'd drained the breast properly. Just didn't feel like he was feeding all that well.

On a positive note, I have been feeling a bit more at peace with everything for the last couple of days. I know I'm likely to have some down days soon enough but I'm using some of the strategies my psych has given me to try to keep things in check.

I also got into Tresillian for a day-stay on Monday which I'm really looking forward to. They helped so much with DD at the same age. Having the support and help with settling and someone to monitor his feeds will be so good. Even if it just reassures me that I'm on the right track.

The main thing for me is to try to relieve some of the anxiety around BFing that I seem to be experiencing.