+ Reply to Thread

Default TTC and Prenatal Vitamin Concerns

Hi guys!

I'm new to this forum so am not sure if I'm posting in the correct category.

My fiancé and I have been trying to conceive for the last 5 months or so and have decided to start taking some prenatal/conception vitamins to help us along the way to becoming pregnant. I have my fiancé taking Menevit and I am taking Blackmores Conceive Well Gold. I am wondering if anyone here has some feedback either good or bad on these products for me? Also what vitamins do you recommend?

My other concern is the amount of vitamin E in Blackmores Conceive Well Gold. There is 147mg of it and I have done a little online research and have found that the RDI for pregnant women or those TTC is 15mg per day. According to some researchers levels higher than 15mg per day can cause heart defects in babies. After reading this I was naturally concerned and phoned the Blackmores hotline where I was old it was safe to have up to 300mg a day. I also contacted the Department of Health Pregnancy, Birth and Baby hotline where I was also told it was safe. Now I am known to be a tad over the top with worrying so am not sure if I have any need to be or I am just being paranoid? What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance for any advice/feedback you guys have to offer! =)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Sunshine12!

I think you need to remember that for as many good things Google can show you, there are umpteen bad things on the same. And you also have to remember that sometimes research is done to "prove/disprove" something rather than "discover" something.

Basically, yes I think you're over thinking this.😉 If it were a major issue there would be warnings within the obstetrics/maternity world & I've never heard anyone else mention these concerns. If you've spoken to medical authorities on the subject then I'd take their word for it & then just leave it alone.

Stress less too as it makes for a more enjoyable TTC journey! 😊 Good luck! 👍