+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default have you been an egg donor?

Hi Im looking for stories from women who have donated eggs to a family member please. Im currently trying to decide if its something I could do....thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I have donated to my sister. Still no luck yet though after a few transfers. She used my other sister as a donor for her first child but she has been put out to pasture now .

After my fresh stim cycle I was aware that was my egg that had created the embryo. I have PCOS and make a lot of eggs so pull up badly after egg pick up, so physically I am reminded for a while after EPU what has been done. Now the embryos have been on ice for a while I feel absolutely no connection at all. I honestly forget I had any part in it.

I am curious about how a baby would turn out that my sister might carry. Her first boy was 7lbs, whereas my girls are 9lbs, so I'm curious if I genetically make big babies or if I just make them fat by eating crap .

There's nothing I wouldn't do to help my sisters conceive. If I died tomorrow I would be happy my DDs would be going to such loving homes, so I clearly have no issue with how they are as parents. I couldn't donate to just anyone. It would have to be someone who would raise them in a way I'm happy with. I would never interfere once the baby is born, so I would only donate to people who I know would treat the kids with love, respect and protect them with their life. My sister does all that. Her children won't ever lack for love.

Ask yourself if something happened to you and your partner would you be happy having this family member raise your child? Also put yourself in their position, how might you feel if you couldn't have kids and people said no to donating to you? It's a big decision for some but was an easy one for me.

The actual IVF process didn't bother me as my girls were IVF. Once I found out about my sisters fertility issues I got checked too and realised I needed to have kids ASAP so went it alone as a solo parent. Without her infertility I wouldn't have my amazing beautiful DDs.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (06-09-2014),melissak567  (07-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy to answer any questions you have

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (06-09-2014),melissak567  (07-09-2014)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    here is a thread about the egg donation journey of a couple of people on here

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...one-on-the-way!!

best of luck

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

melissak567  (07-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    the family member has a child already and I haved two of my own. I dont feel 100 percent complete with my family and if I could afford more I would...so I don't know how I would go donating eggs. Also I am petrified of needles to the point where I had to undergo hypnotherapy a few years ago due to panic attacks lol so yeah.....I have a 9 month old bubba and a 4 yr old and Im concerned about how this may impact my own family for a start im still breastfeeding. I know its a gift however Im not willing to put my own familys.needs below the needs of my relly. would love to hear more about what its like. Can I also add that I suspect that the rellys fertility issues are a result of an undiagnosed eating disorder which makes me wonder if its even going to work for her. Shes an awesome mum though xx
    Last edited by melissak567; 07-09-2014 at 02:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You need to undergo counselling and in most cases need to certain you've finished having kids yourself. That way if something went wrong and it rendered you infertile it doesn't matter (very very low chance though).

What's they hurry? Surely she can wait till you're finished BF? I was pregnant when my sister realised she needed to use me and she waited nearly a year for me to have the baby then 3 months after for my system to settle down. I had stopped BF by then (attachment issues). You cannot BF and stim at the same time.

There are a lot of needles involved, but they are very fine. I was fine with jabbing myself but perhaps you would need your hubby to do it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Emotional attachment after donating egg to family member

I'm just wondering what emotional attachment is felt by yourself and hubby once a child is conceived by your egg donation?
    I don't have a sister so the closest thing to that for me is my cousin who has been struggling for nearly a decade to conceive. It's come down to her needing an egg donor.
    For the past 18 months I've given it a lot of thought and want to donate an egg to her.
    I've been discussing it over the last couple of months with hubby but he is saying no due to the emotional factor of having a child with my genetics being raised by someone else. I don't see it this way but I understand his concern about feeling an attachment. He also feels strangely about seeing the child himself knowing it has my genetics but with another man.
    Has any one else's partner had this concern and how did you get through it?
    Hubby is worried it would put a strain on our own relationship over the years

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should also mention the donors hubby needs to be on board and undergo counselling too.

I'm single so it wasn't an issue for me. As for genetics it was my sister and we're nearly identical anyway (not twins though). So genetics are pretty much the same.

Out other sister donated the first time and had to check with her hubby. His answer was "well we're not using them". I'm pretty sure 99% of time time no one even remembers where the egg came from in our family. We joke about it sometimes but that's about it. Even though I used my own eggs for my DDs one is VERY much like her aunt in personality (god help me).