+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Need to know I'm doing the right thing...

Just need to get this out so it doesn't play on my mind.

DP and I have been together for 5 and a half years. We've had our rocky moments for sure. Last year we had a big problem where my trust was destroyed. I decided I couldn't throw it away and we worked on our relationship. Things have been great. We found out we were expecting DS and our little boy came in Feb this year.

My problem... My best friend from school had a messy break up with her boyfriend and I was there to support her. Happy to. It got to the point she was attention seeking with certain things I found absolutely disgusting. IMO she crossed a very strong line when it comes to my moral compass.
    Her EX messaged me (we have not spoken separate from a group setting. He's not my kind of person) saying she was doing things I'm strongly against. I spoke with and she admitted to it being a lie. To me attention seeking. I told her EX the truth that it was attention seeking. Was I wrong to do this? I don't think I was. She flipped her lid at me. Saying I was out of line etc.

before I go on forever.. Skip a bit..

She has said some extremely hurtful things towards me. I decided that I could not have her in my life. I told her this and ceased all contact.

That afternoon she messaged DP saying I had been messaging an EX of mine from a long time ago. Telling him quite filthy and raunchy things. I did no so thing. Proved that to DP.
    I did get quite angry with DP, I asked him if she had spoken to him, he told me no. I hate lying. Despise it.

I have since sorted things with DP. My main question is have I over reacted or would other people feel the same way if they were in my shoes?

DP thinks I gave up on the friendship to easily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    She has proven she is a dishonest person and has deliberately invented lies with the intention of bringing harm to your relationship.

I don't think you need to question your decision at all.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (05-09-2014),Hasselhoff  (05-09-2014),LaDiDah  (05-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a difficult friend once and ceased contact and have not looked back. There was an event that prompted the end of the friendship but in truth for quite some time it had become a burden and so it wasn't hard to let go. If you feel 'relieved' and happy with the friendship ending then you have made the right choice. If you weren't getting anything out of the friendship, then you have made the right choice too. If you can see you two patching things up in the future then maybe, only maybe, you acted to fast or something. Im sure your Dp means well, but at the end of the day friendships are not meant to be hard, they're meant to add enjoyment to life!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleDove For This Useful Post:

Hasselhoff  (05-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Stay away from her she sounds like an immature little toad. And you and your hubby should agree to not go secret squirrel messaging of other people's spouses. It's school-ish and only gets yourselves involved in drama.

- what was it that the girl lied about doing?

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Hasselhoff  (05-09-2014),HillDweller  (05-09-2014),LaDiDah  (05-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think you overreacted and you don't need people like that. I would not have anything to do with your friend or her ex after that.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

Hasselhoff  (05-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks 😊 I do feel I've made the right choice. I've matured. I have DS and DP to think of.
    It feels like it all went rocky after I told her I was pregnant. I've had this feeling she wants to have a child to sink her hooks in to some poor innocent man.

She lied saying she was trying to commit suicide and the biggest most hurtful thing she lied to him about was saying she had a miscarriage after telling me it was all bull. That is an absolute disgrace in my eyes. Both those topics are very sensitive to me and she knows that. To lie about them is hitting a real low in my opinion.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (05-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You've definitely made the right choice. I wouldn't even question it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Hasselhoff  (05-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel better about my decision.
    Someone who says they are your friend but does that doesn't deserve the time of day.

Thank you ladies! No looking back now 😊