+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    he said that whenever I talked about home and my kids and husband that my face lit up light a bloody Christmas Tree (his words lol) so it was the least he could do.

So humbling and lovely
    .....and now I'm crying.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Oh I love this thread!!!!!!! Thank you to all that have shared these lovely stories. So nice to read something so feel good, and know that there are still wonderful people out there.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (08-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was at the shops and having trouble parking my car. There was a lady in another car about to park in a different spot who saw me and offered I take her spot which was bigger. Then when I still struggled to get into that spot (i am not the best driver!) she had already parked her car but still stopped and then guided me into my spot. So nice of her.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (07-09-2014),LoveLivesHere  (06-09-2014),peanutmonkey  (08-09-2014),SuperGranny  (08-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Was at officeworks last week doing photocopying at those self service stations. Then these 2 ladies who looked like they were in their late 50's to early 50's and just stood in front of one of the photocopiers with no clue as to what to do. One started playing with the mouse saying "why do they have to make things so hard" and "I have no idea what I'm doing". So I asked them if they need help and turns out they didn't know they had to have a card or anything...so had no clue at all. They were so grateful. Ended up they were going on a big cruise. I checked up on them on my way out and they were fine with it all. They were such lovely vibrant ladies. I could've left them to ask staff for assistance but I felt like I couldn't.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (08-09-2014),SuperGranny  (08-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    A couple of months ago my dp & I got very bogged in the car while out doing the country mail run (a fair way out from town, hardly any phone reception, and nothing to get us out). A farmer out on his quad bike checking his sheep spotted us and tried to pull us out with the rope we had in the boot. I sat behind him on the quad for more weight. After 3 unsuccessful attempts and snapped rope, he went down the road to another nearby farmers house and got a proper towing rope, came back and managed to pull us out.
    We were so greatful that he was there and helped us, we would have been in quite a pickle if he didn't show up when he did and decide to help us.
    A week later dp 'paid it forward' after he came across an old man on the mail run stuck on the side of the road trying to unsuccessfully change a flat tire. Dp got out and changed it all for him

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sairz For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (08-09-2014),SuperGranny  (08-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Bumping so others can share some lovely stories

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    On Friday, my 8 yr old son got on the wrong school bus. It's a new arrangement and one I was feeling a little nervous about (you know, sending him out into the big bad world). Well, the bus driver called through to Head Office and informed them, then drove him to his school and walked him to his classroom.

God bless you Mr Bus Driver!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SimplyMum For This Useful Post:

Full House  (16-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Not quite the same but here's mine. I recently lost my grandmother. My dad took it really hard as she was his only remaining family and they were so very close. For a while his health had been getting worse and I could tell he just wasn't very happy. He just had surgery to correct a few problems he has. The change is incredible! I can't remember the last time he was so happy! He is laughing again and joking around with mum! He is texting me talking about my daughter and saying lovely things like how nice it is to see his children grow up and change. He just seems so bright and excited by life again! It warms my heart to see how happy he is again.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (08-09-2014),SuperGranny  (08-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi guys, I'm in need of some feel-good, positive stories....anyone have any good ones to add or share??

Bumpity-bump.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have one. We recently received an invite to my best friend's son's first birthday. We desperately wanted to go but they live in a different state so I let her know we'd do our best but it would depend on being able to find reasonably priced flights. Next thing I know she'd organised to transfer a free return flight which she was entitled to into my name so we'd only have to pay for DH. It was just so generous and unexpected. It really made my week.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

Jodes35  (16-10-2014),Ladydee  (16-10-2014)