+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Choosing a Donor Egg Clinic In Greece

Hi All , After many attempts at IVF and trying to conceive naturally, I now want to try egg donation. I have been reading this forum for a while and it has really inspired me to consider egg donation in Greece and I am keen to know how others have found the clinics over there –good and bad reviews. Many thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    greetings,
    i am writing to share in the threads about my primo experience with dr. nikos kanakas and embryoland. as i am now just about 9 weeks pregnant, i am still in the "bit surreal" land and digesting my last 6 months in greece that led me to this abundant grace.
    i went to greece solely to work with dr. nikos. he is most unique in greece -and as far as i have experienced doctors in any country - in that he immediately welcomes patients like family. which is what i SO needed- being a single woman with intention to do 3 rounds (as needed) in 6 months and live in that foreign country. dr. nikos and every one of his staff welcomed me with respect, patience, kindness, smiles, and complete availability to my inquiries and needs at any time.
    in addition, i felt in good hands, totally, to follow dr. nikos' guidance in the sometime complex choices i/we needed to make, as he concurrently completely respected all my feelings and wishes even if sometimes it made the process more complex for him and his team. i have never trusted a doctor so much, nor felt my own needs and wishes so respected by a doc.

i am still in awe of this whole experience....

i would be happy to share with any woman or couple, directly, more about my experience at embryoland, and about traveling too and staying in athens/greece.

in my life, finding dr. kanakas and his clinic was a godsend, surely!

in addition, the sperm bank across the street - cryogonia- operated under the direction of lina evgeni - is top notch in every single way, professionally and persoanlly.

all the best to all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Mermaiddance,

I would like to know more about your experience with Dr Kanakas.

I am looking into going to Greece but there are so many clinics and options to choose from what made you chose him.

Do they do thorough health checks on the all the donors.

Were you successful the first time with Dr Nikos.

I would appreciate any information you could give me.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i am writing immediately, because i am very happy to recommend dr. kanakas and his team. he gave me the biggest gift of my life, with all his heart and intelligence, and i am indebted always. i promised him not only would i authentically recommend him for many excellent reasons, but that i would be available to help women or couples plan their trip to athens and feel comfortable, as overall, i was a year there!

i got to dr. k completely by "accident" (or grace!), as at the time, i did not think i wanted/needed hi tech stuff. however, as i decided that i DID need that, he was right there to guide me, and even more so - listen to and respect me- and provide services according to both my soul and his own knowledge. this is MOST unique in a medical professional. so hard to find anywhere in the world!

i recommend him because he
    - listens. he is able to respect the client as a full human being. this is very rare and precious - in ANY doc anywhere.
    - is intelligent and on -the-ball. he never missed an important detail or organizing for me, even when i had times i wondered if he understood or planned well, every time i checked up, he was right there, never missed a thing
    - he is expert in the field and has only experts around him
    - has a team of authentically caring people (mostly women) who are very professional while also able to create a sense of friendship if the client seeks that personability. i felt totally like the team became a group of "cousins" to me with even more understanding for my situation and support of my success than my own "blood" cousins.

i could go on - - but i have to close now, leaving the house.
    to answer your other specific question, my journey was very particular. i went slowly, not the norm. i wanted to try the "improbable" routes, a few times, because they felt right to my soul and i had decided to just make a temp. home in greece for this purpose. so, that it took some rounds until i left greece pregnant was because of my choice. dr. k knows how to give results fast, if you wish to follow his normative protocols. i love him even more exactly because we DID NOT "succeed" right away....the success i had every time was being able to listen to my soul while having my doc back me up with the best he got. the pregnancy success came at the right time and in the right way, with me choosing the course we took (me leading and him supporting, also being gracious enough to NOT limit my choice by his superfluous needs to keep stats up)

we , here in usa now, are at 26 weeks, growing, and in wonder of it all every moment. dr. k gifted me my life.

happy to continue to dialogue and to help any way i can.
    sincerely,
    mermaiddance and company

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh quickly -
    about health checks, please ask the clinic for details
    my understanding was that there are international standards (by WHO) set , and the protocols in greece follow these precisely

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thank you

Hello Mermaiddance,

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Thank you so much for responding to my thread, just a few other questions. When you took Dr Kanakas advice did you fall pregnant the first time? and did you get any embryo's to freeze.

I really appreciate all your assistance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    in short: yes and yes.

...and i am a strange bird :-) and get pretty quiet about all the details of the procedures i chose, but the above i can say.

i wish you the best in your choosing - and your outcomes too!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default mermaiddance

Thank you so much for all your help. Good luck with everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and also looking at Greece for egg donation. mermaiddance, thanks heaps for all the helpful info! we have contacted Dr kanakas and he came back to us straight away! he sounds amazing. we are arranging a skype call with him asap. I'm relieved to hear that you got prego on the first try. our main concern is to travel all the way to Greece just to experience another failure

Does anyone else have experience with clinics at Greece/Spain?

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi adim,
    i am happy my info helped you get to dr kanakas

what is your history? and current goal?

maybe i can help with some support in self-care, diet, herbs to prep you.

you know, i totally understand not wanting to do "all this" just for another failure. very understandable.
    the thing is, to set yourself up for most success, i'd say requires more than just the right doc. if you want my "3" cents about that, setting yourself up for success, let me know, i can write more on that topic.

and about the doc
    i also think that we DO have to choose an expert.
    still, there is so much mystery and magic in conceiving, that the right doc needs also be an intuitive , or felt, choice. for me, meeting a man who is a feeling man, not just a doc, assured me that i was in good hands. his heartfulness in addition to professionalism told me that he was indeed intending and thinking for our sake and those are powerful forces (see the book by lynne mctaggart "the field" for our well-hidden scientific proofs of these forces)

my comfort and ease were factors i had to consider equally to any doc's expertise as well. for instance, that i could ask to stay in the recovery room for a couple hours when my intuition guided that, was a HUGe part of my choice of this doc (just even feeling comfortable to ask) and a HUGe part (i believe) of the success.
    so, i'd say, to choose a doc
    1. hear other women;s/couple's stories of their experience and feel resonant with them (or not)
    2. hear what others say about his expertise (first hand evidence) as well as read his bio and rates
    3. talk to the doc. share with him something of the "heart" you have in all this, and see if he can meet you on that level, even for a moment. - is there a connect as 2 human, feeling, thinking, beings?
    4. do you feel his prices and protocols are right (based on your comparitive research)

if you need any support on being in athens comfortably and affordably, also let me know.

all the best
    mermaiddance +2