+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Vitamins/supplements/super foods?

Does anyone take/consume something that makes them feel really good?

I'm talking healthy stuff like vitamins, super foods or any special supplements.

I know it's often said that vitamins are a waste of money and they simply produce expensive urine, but surely some of them have benefits?

I feel like I need a boost at the moment. I'm getting old

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I dont - but I do have a fruit smoothie every day (or most days) ... and that combined with a small amount of excercise (I go for a bike ride once or twice a week) has made a HUGE difference.

I have lost a bit of weight (and in noticeable areas ... tummy, arms etc), and i have way more energy than I used to have.

Still not taking any tablets or vitamens etc - just eating fruit instead of chocolate, and moderate excercise

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have to take Vitamin D tablets, but apart from that I just try and drink heaps of water throughout the day, if I feel tired, bloated and sluggish, it's usually because I am a bit dehydrated.

I also like to sprinkle some Chia seeds on my breakfast, who knows if they 'work' but I like the taste/texture of them in things!

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Floradix (in Coles for about $22 a bottle) without it I am slugfish and desperately tired. I also try to walk most days and drink lots of water

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Look on Iherb for vitamins

Thanks
    Reviews
    I take magnesium and believe it works for my headaches for sure.
    When I stop they come back. I have taken multi vitamins before and never noticed a difference in energy or anything though.

Also having a smoothy daily like spinach leaves and two fruits in it really changes me.. more energy for sure. I must get back into it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I take zinc, b vitamins and fish oil. B vitamins being the most important for me. Improves my mood a lot and I call them my sanity pills

Thanks
    Reviews
    We all take a pro biotics and fish oil ( vitamin D and omega 3 - practitioner prescribed ) both very hard to get from food alone - even from a very healthy diet - plus we eat quinoa , chia seeds , salmon and kale as part of our our weekly meals plus I splash some flax seed oil on our salads - I find the only time I ever feel off is after a big night , restaurant meal or party when alcohol or processed foods are involved!

Thanks
    Reviews
    2 Teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar in a glass of water ever morning before breakfast. I really notice it in my digestion if I don't have it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loads of water, vit D and iron (I have very low levels), and through winter I take a zinc/vit C supplement. Vitamins and supps are exxy and in an ideal world we would get all of our nutrients from food, but sometimes that's not possible so they can and do serve a purpose.