+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 6 month old suddenly waking 6 times?

Help. My 6 month old has about one good night a fortnight where he would only wake up once. But any other day I have to go in 5- 6 times to resettle him. He is fine as soon as I take him in my arms, doses back off. Once I put him back in the cot he sleeps either 1 hour or 2 hour stretches.
    He is not hungry I believe. I give him a dreamfeed and then another feed about midnight or 1 am and then he will go to about 7 am without BF. Im not sure why if it is maybe cramps in his belly from the solids. He does some fluffs - im not going to say fart because really they are tiny fluffs i feel when i put my hand on his nappy, not the loud bashing farts lol. There are so many things i can think of maybe teething, wind, cramps, maybe cold? although he has a sleeping bag plus extra blanket. I just cant figure out what the problem is exactly because one night he is really good, the next night is a total disaster.
    His day naps are fine, three naps and he goes to bed on his own, rarely crying

I dont want to do CIO because i believe there is a reason behind this. and no i dont believe the books that say babies are 'manipulating' mum and dad

could it be too busy rolling and playing in the day that he is trying to make up for cuddles he misses out on during the day? he is very active lately.

i dont know i have no idea but DH and I are so sleep deprived

any one else's 6 month bub doing this?
    Last edited by someonesomewhere; 04-09-2014 at 09:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Could it be a wonder week? 6 months is a huge developmental stage for babies, this is generally when they are learning to crawl, sit and eat.
    Other things could be that the temperature is starting to change so your baby could be hot or cold depending?

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Ds has been waking more since about 6 months - worse during teething at 6.5 months (every 2 hours). He is just over 7 months now and it seems to be improving (waking 1-2 times overnight). I also read recently that they can wake more overnight when learning to crawl. I would try and wait it out atm and see if it improves soon. Ds was very unsettled by teething and wasn't at all himself for two weeks (got two teeth very close together)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing!

Hugs...

I feel your pain. My ds is 7 mths and does the same.

He cut his first tooth last night so I'm praying for some respite, as he self settles normally and I can't do 5 times a night much longer.

Good luck

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I know some mums who are trying the no cry sleep solution atm as their bubs are still waking a lot at 8 months. I havent read it myself but it might be worth looking at if you are too sleep deprived. xxx

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app