+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I carry my weight at the front too - never in a million years did I think a jumpsuit would look good on me, but I tried one on and it looks fab.

Wayne Cooper at Myer - discounted to about $65. I think the secret is that it has a tailored waistband (instead of elasticised). It's lengthening (I"m short too) because it's all the same fabric, and the top is quite sexy without giving too much away. The pic attached is quite straight (the model is definitely not my shape) and it looks much more curvy around the top.

http://www.myer.com.au/shop/mystore/...r-222473620--1

Perhaps try a jumpsuit instead of a dress? It's really comfortable, no pulling up/pushing down and easy to accessorise?

Good luck.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hulahoop For This Useful Post:

BlackDiamond  (07-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the tips! That's what I was thinking too @wobbleyhorse. I think I'll need a cardi though because it's still quite chilly of a night. Maybe I should just have a few extra drinks, then I won't feel it
    I looked at a jumpsuit yesterday and thought the same thing @Hulahoop. Unfortunately the one you posted is only available in a 10

Off to search shift dresses. I just googled them (yep, I had no idea what they were!) I think I would be much more comfortable in something like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulahoop View Post
    I carry my weight at the front too - never in a million years did I think a jumpsuit would look good on me, but I tried one on and it looks fab.
    I spent ages looking online for a jumpsuit the other day! I was looking for one that I thought would suit my shape, but nearly all of them cinch in at the waist with elastic or a tie. I haven't tried one on yet - maybe I should!

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I am that kind of size and shape too - it can be hard.

I bought a dress similar to this one
    http://dressxox.com.au/home/1029-zoo...ail-dress.html

and its lovely. The pleat style takes away from all my 'bits' and it ends up being quite flattering

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

BlackDiamond  (05-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Degrassi View Post
    I spent ages looking online for a jumpsuit the other day! I was looking for one that I thought would suit my shape, but nearly all of them cinch in at the waist with elastic or a tie. I haven't tried one on yet - maybe I should!

http://www.theiconic.com.au/Go-Paste...it-148926.html

I was so enthused I bought this one, currently available up to a 16 but only in black.

Sorry to derail OP.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hulahoop For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (04-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try asos too they have a wide variety.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashfirst For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    What about a wrap/pashmina/scarf thing - sorry not sure of correct fashion terminology - to keep warm instead of a cardi - that way it doesn't matter about sleeve type.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I'm a 14 too, and while I can't help with a move away from black, I do have some dresses you could borrow if you don't find anything! And I'm also an apple, so these will be a bit more flattering etc etc. you could always add colour with heels and accessories.
    Happy to help if I can. I bought a great dress off ozsale in April that I think you would look nice in. And whilst I would love to recommend ozsale as a great place to look, their VEEEEERY slow shipping means you wouldn't get anything on time haha!
    Another suggestion- I was walking past rockmans the other day and they had some nice dresses that would be flattering. And while I would usually think rockmans is for our mums when you're desperate you're desperate!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Just went and took some quick photos- these are the last 3 dresses I've bought (I've lately told myself no more black ) and I always feel good in because with some good control undies and killer heels my belly is hardly an issue:

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1409825963.181950.jpg
    Subtle beading on the shoulders, and a chiffon sheath over the chest. Super soft and comfy too.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1409826009.429988.jpg
    Roberts Cavali. Beautiful beading, excellent if you're feeling boobalicious!

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1409826058.851644.jpg
    Lace shoulders, chiffon top layer with a slight mullet hem (usually not my thing!)

Like I said, you're welcome to borrow any if you would like to! I know the pressure of needing to fin something urgently, so if you at least have back up options you can breathe easy and concentrate more on your shopping

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (04-09-2014),BlackDiamond  (07-09-2014)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't know what shape I am. I have the biggest arms in the world but also big tummy and thighs. None of the body shape selectors seem to have a "big all over" option! So i've decided i'm an apple, inverted triangle, normal triangle and everything that doesn't actually include a waist!

I was in target today and they had some gorgeous dresses. Really pretty. You could try there.
    I am a broken record when it comes to US sites but Nordstrom has 16 pages of wedding guest dresses - gorgeous!

Otherwise go with one of @Nomsie 's dresses and wear hot hot lipstick. The best accessory of all!

Quick question - don't want to derail, but how soon after giving birth can I wear spanx again? I want to buy a maxi for summer but will need some control under it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post: