+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Opinions please - Belmont State School, Carindale

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone has any experience with / feedback on Belmont State School at Carindale? We are in the catchment for this school however, are having a few reservations. It is a massive school - around 1000 kids and 7 prep classes for next year. I have also heard mixed reports from parents in relation to their opinions on the school.

Our other option would probably be Mansfield SS - don't know much about this school so any opinions would be appreciated. It seems to have a good reputation...

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default give whites hill a try

We also live in the Belmont catchment but went there for our first childs first year and decided it wasn't for us. We looked at a few other local schools and decided on Whites Hill state college. We have been at the school 8 years now and we love it! Our second child started prep this year and is doing amazingly well, they are already reading well above their year level thanks to the fabulous reading army programme that the school runs. Our first child just got naplan results back for yr7 and got well above the national average in all areas and has every other testing year. We find the teachers very helpful with extending our kids learning and they have interschool sport which isn't offered at a lot of other local schools. They also have a fantastic instumental music programme. Come and meet some of the families and see what we are like at the community fun day we are holding on the oval we saved from development on Samuel St Camp Hill on the 13th of September!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default prep practice mornings

I forgot to mention that at Whites Hill last year we were able to come to school for one morning a week for 4 weeks towards the end of the year to get ready for prep. It really helped our shy child. They also have a pool for summer sport!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to whites hill mum For This Useful Post:

seren  (04-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Belmont is now an independent school and seems to be run like a large corporation. Great teachers but morale is low.

Try Carina and Mayfield too.

My next choice would be Whites Hill College. It has a good reputation.

Marley

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks - will definitely check out Whites Hill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubble View Post
    Belmont is now an independent school and seems to be run like a large corporation. Great teachers but morale is low.

Try Carina and Mayfield too.

My next choice would be Whites Hill College. It has a good reputation.

Marley
    Thanks for your input. Your feedback is similar to other feedback I've heard.... will look into the schools that you mentioned. Do you have experience with Mansfield SS?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default re Mansfield

All I know about Mansfield is a section of a school list for next year requiring yr 2 students to have a ipad latest model 32 that is completely parents responsibility to supply maintain and replace if broken plus $75 itunes account. This was posted by a parent from the school on their fb page. Whites hill give kids access to ipads for certain tasks but they are the schools. In yr 8 they piloted an ipad programme this year and higher grades have laptops but they are hired and maintained by school and available for purchase at end of school. Computer labs and laptops are available all over the school from prep to yr12

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mansfield

I have little knowledge of Mansfield SS

Quote Originally Posted by seren View Post
    Thanks for your input. Your feedback is similar to other feedback I've heard.... will look into the schools that you mentioned. Do you have experience with Mansfield SS?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No way will I get ipads / iphones for my kids ... hackers and stalkers paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by whites hill mum View Post
    All I know about Mansfield is a section of a school list for next year requiring yr 2 students to have a ipad latest model 32 that is completely parents responsibility to supply maintain and replace if broken plus $75 itunes account. This was posted by a parent from the school on their fb page. Whites hill give kids access to ipads for certain tasks but they are the schools. In yr 8 they piloted an ipad programme this year and higher grades have laptops but they are hired and maintained by school and available for purchase at end of school. Computer labs and laptops are available all over the school from prep to yr12

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Camp hill/mayfield state schoo

Hi , does anyone know anything about these schools. We did have our daughter down for prep at camp hill, but now thinking mayfield might be better as smaller? Any advice ? Thank you !