+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What other ingredients are there in the recipe? Packet soup would be added for flavouring id say? You could add chopped celery, garlic , pepper, carrot, bay leaf, parsley and a homemade or additive free veggie or chicken stock?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Mince, garlic, onion, pees, carrot, mixed herbs, pepper, a pack of chicken noodle soup. The mash component has some marg, potato, milk, pepper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Mince, garlic, onion, pees, carrot, mixed herbs, pepper, a pack of chicken noodle soup. The mash component has some marg, potato, milk, pepper.
    I really hope you don't put pees in your pie!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I'd say its added mainly for the salt content - I would try the celery, carrot, onion , garlic mix then add a bay leaf and either some other herbs like parsley or rosemary add some sea or pink salt to your portion after the kids have been served if it's lacking salt - I add pink or sea salt to our food now but not when DS was a baby - oh and ditch the marg - mash is so much better with real butter!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (03-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just chiming in to say I'm another who used baby led weaning...however due to my children's allergies I couldn't just give them everything we ate because I did have to stick to the 'one new thing every three days' rule so that if they had a reaction we knew exactly what it was.
    It was easy enough though...starting off by giving them steamed veggies, and if we had meat I'd just cook some up separate for them so it was plain, or take some out before adding sauces etc. I still have to do stuff like that now so that wasn't a big deal!
    I did spoon feed yoghurt and soups because I couldn't handle the mess...but finger food from the get go for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Flavour... It's a recipe that's been handed down. What would you suggest?
    My version has onion, garlic, celery, bay leaf, pepper, Garlic, sauteed carrots/zucchini/pumpkin, paprika, tomatoes and peas. Oh and mince or beans if I'm making a veggo option.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (03-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    6 months, when we first started solids. I just kept out salt and added it go ours at the end if needed.

Sent from my LG-P716 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to callmedragon22 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (03-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Garlic onion herbs and all?
    DS would eat cloves of roasted garlic at 8 months. Great for dipping too!

Sent from my LG-P716 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD has always has garlic, onions etc in her food but it's been probably just the last month that she has started eating our food (10 months)
    For our food, it's the salt that I'm hesitant to give her, not the other ingredients

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeWithLove View Post

I also make a few batches of kid snacks like little power balls made with blended oats, dates and fruit rolled in coconut or a muesli slice etc. they keep for the week in the fridge and save me having that moment of madness when she is hungry and I can't think of what to give her. Quick, easy and she loves them.
    That is a great snack idea for anyone. Thanks!