+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Around 8 months I think. Maybe a bit earlier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Hell yes. I wouldn't eat boring food so why inflict it on my kids.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.
    Are you calling my beef potato and carrot purée boring??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Garlic onion herbs and all?
    Absolutely. DD has never known food to be any different. She's also a big fan of tabasco sauce on EVERYTHING.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (03-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I've cooked shepherds pie tonight. It's for a little onion and garlic in it. I am hesitant to give it to bub as it's cooked with excess salt (chicken noodle soup pack) and my local MACH pamphlet says not to cook with salt for bub... (6 months)

..??....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've cooked shepherds pie tonight. It's for a little onion and garlic in it. I am hesitant to give it to bub as it's cooked with excess salt (chicken noodle soup pack) and my local MACH pamphlet says not to cook with salt for bub... (6 months)

..??....
    I just dilute it with a bit of extra mashed or puréed veg.

i have a Bellini baby food maker, when I am preparing our meal I cut up veg for baby and steam it and blitz it. It is awesome. At breakfast I just cut up apple pear etc and add it to baby cereal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Breast milk is full of flavour so babies love flavoursome foods if given the chance! The same as most pp,s I put garlic, ginger , lemon, herbs and spices into everything DS ate from 6 months except salt and anything processed - store bought stocks and soup mixes definitely not ( most are loaded with MSG and nasty additives) so can you try and make your Shepard's pie with a natural alternative? Yes a little won't hurt but I think its best to get into the habit of adding the least amounts of additives as possible

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahh yes, salt. When DD was younger, I stopped putting any salt in our food. If I REALLY wanted salt, then I'd just add a little to our after. It's easier now she's older and I don't mind her having a bit more salt.

At that age, I'm not sure... probably would have just given her something else if the food was too salty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Garlic onion herbs and all?
    Definitely! I wouldn't overdo it but I think the more flavours and textures they experience in the first year the better!

Then hopefully you won't be sentenced to plain food the next 13 years until they get with the program and realise there's more to life than chips and nuggets. Lol.

Can't put it solely down to baby led weaning, but my DS 2.5 eats more variety than many adults I know. I plan to baby led wean all my children. The cookbook is a great start. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1409731817.121856.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DD we did purées at 6m, mash/textures at 8m plus finger foods once she could coordinate then family meals like spag bol started to be introduced around 9-10 months. She was never a big meat eater though so would often just get steamed veg. She's not fussy at all.

DS hated spoon feeding so has been closer to BLW, not true BLW but always self feeding and eating what we do as much as possible. He's 15 months and ten thousand times fussier than his big sister at the same age. Right now, I'm wishing I could have spoon fed him more as then he would have tasted greater variety rather than just throwing it off his tray if he didn't like the look/feel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Breast milk is full of flavour so babies love flavoursome foods if given the chance! The same as most pp,s I put garlic, ginger , lemon, herbs and spices into everything DS ate from 6 months except salt and anything processed - store bought stocks and soup mixes definitely not ( most are loaded with MSG and nasty additives) so can you try and make your Shepard's pie with a natural alternative? Yes a little won't hurt but I think its best to get into the habit of adding the least amounts of additives as possible
    I'm really not that well educated when it comes to additives!