+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Red face Newbie -- 3 cycles in, still no BFP

Hi All,

Newbie here, who is in the middle of her TWW and has just started on the cusp of AF so am more than devastated.

Have had 3 full egg making cycles this year and ICSI, cycle 1 - 5 embys, 1 made it to day 3 transfer. Cycle 2, 15 embys, 9 made it to day 3, 6 made it to day 5, did 3 (double) transfers, no success. Cycle 3 -- new med added, Luveris to improve egg quality! Did everything but that! 10 embys, 8 to day 3, 4 at day 5, 2 transferred and none in the freezer

Have decided that this is it for me with the current clinic I am at, with the current doctor I am seeing...time for some changes. Cannot keep doing the same things as it is emotionally draining the life out of me.

Words of wisdom----all taken very seriously.

Cheers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Hi punkybee,

I'm so sorry that you're going through this. Ivf absolutely takes it's toll on every aspect of your life. It sounds like your journey has been very difficult.

What makes you think AF is on the way? When we got our BFP a lot of my pregnancy symptoms were exactly like AF!

I pray this is it for you... My beautiful DP and I talked a lot about what was next if we got a bfn. This put our minds at ease because we knew this was our last cycle due to money. We talked about the violin lessons DP wanted, me going after my dream job, etc.

If you ever need anyone to talk to I'm only a click away.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

Punkybee  (02-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bestthings,

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. It is definitely a tough time. The toughest---thus far anyway!

I am on endometrin after transfer and was for my last bfn transfer as well and about the exact same time I have had 'coloured' smears. These have then led to a full AF which I can just tell is on it's merry way. 😪 unfortunately. DH and I have talked 'what happens next?' And we both agreed til the finances explode we will try. But I am determined to try with another doctor because I can't bear the thought of my current FS looking at me and saying 'oh well we tried' for me at this point that's not what I want to hear. I would love to know why it isn't working. What is going on in there?

Such a cruel cruel set of events but I know there are others who have struggled more than I can ever imagine and I am greatful for the ability to try!

Smiles

😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    If you're looking for a different FS then I would definitely ask this forum. They have GREAT suggestions. A lot of these strong ladies have been through their own journey and probably know of a few FS that are especially "aggressive" at getting BFP's.

Sounds to me like you have a nice, supporting DH. I didn't get any red smears at all when I got my BFP except at 9 weeks. Have you had you NK cells checked? There's a big thread floating around about NK cells.

Let us know how you go. I have my fingers firmly crossed that AF holds off and you get your BFP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Best Things forgive me. What are NK cells? I am still learning the abbreviations....and autocorrect is making me crazy!

I have an appointment with Lynn Burmeister in October so if this all goes to AF in it's full strength I won't be returning to my currently clinic and instead just starting with her.

I was told by an old boss once 'if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got!' So I figure a change is in my destiny😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    NK are natural killer cells. http://blog.ivf.com.au/natural-kille...ng-possibility I don't have any experience with them but apparently they can make your uterus hostile to your embies and even cause recurrent miscarriage. I'll have a look around for a thread to point you to.

There's also a Lynn appreciation thread if you wanted to look at that as well. Might be able to find that thread too, no promises.

October isn't too far away... but hopefully you get your BFP and don't need the appointment anyway.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

Punkybee  (02-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Seems you found the Lynn thread on your own.

Here's the NK thread. http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...Cells-5/page14

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

Punkybee  (02-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks very much. So much on here it's daunting !