+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would be so angry and would delete their posts from my wall as soon as I got the chance, by which time it would be too late but I would do it anyway and tell them why I'd done it.

We actually told our immediate family (who would be the first to know via phone calls) NOT to post anything until we had, to make sure we could avoid this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think it's considerate to wait until the parents of the new baby have made an official announcement before you post all over their wall.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pretty rude really to post about something before the people actually involved get to announce it. Yes, people get excited but it just isn't their news to tell & it won't hurt them to wait.

Thankfully our DD was born in the very early hours & DH sent out general messages & FB post first thing in the morning. The only people who knew prior were our parents/siblings who got the 3am call

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It wouldn't upset ME personally, but I know it would upset any extended family members who found out through facebook instead of via phonecall. Obvioulsy immediate family are told, well, immediately.. but then we have a lot of extended family who expect to find out personally, not via social media. Personally I find it annoying having to ring everyone, but it's not worth getting people upset, so for the birth of my bubs, I turned off wall posts, tags etc in the days leading up to due date so that I knew it couldn't happen accidentally.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

Soon2be4  (02-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    I never post a congrats message on anyone's wall until they have mentioned the birth themselves. I also changed my settings a week or so before I was due so no one could post on my wall.
    This is a clever idea , I will get dh to do this before bub is born! With our first a friend of his posted a photo dh had sent him of our dd, an announcement would be less annoying but that it was a pic ticked me off especially since we hadn't announced to all family yet and only to our parents and siblings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately, too many people seem to have misplaced their manners with the introduction of social media. It's a free for all! I myself don't put anything up until it's 'Facebook official'.

Congratulating someone is a little different to wanting to be the first to brag that they know the name, weight and time of birth though.

It wouldn't bother me if someone beat me to it and wrote "Congratulations of the arrival of your little one".

But, "OMG Babe, I'm so excited that little Adam arrived at 3:37 this morning. Wow, 5lb10oz, what a tiny guy! 37 hours of labor must've sucked AND having to have a c-section, better you than me. I'll be up around lunch time, ok!"

That, I'd be dirty about, thank gosh I don't know anyone so stupid.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I noticed this same thing last week when a girlfriend had her baby. Within a couple of minutes of getting the announcement text, her facebook wall was covered in congratulations messages - and people making it about them!
    I don't think she should have to stop people posting on her wall because they don't know how to maintain good manners.

Announcements come from the people they belong to IMO.

DP and I are talking about this atm since bub is due in just over a week. We don't think we should have to say to people "here is a pic of our new baby, their name is blahblah, please stay off social media with our baby news until we've had a chance to tell everyone" but depending on some of our friends (not family, they all have good manners i think!) we might have to! For the record, I know it's done with love. They're not bad people, just a bit clueless.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They should wait for sure! When my daughter was born someone in my family posted a status about it with the words mum and bub doing well at the end i was like wtf! So rude

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not on fb but I found it a bit odd last week when mid-labour I got a text from DH's cousin congratulating us and offering help with the new baby- I hadn't even had her yet lol. Someone (who I have no idea because we only to immediate family) must have told her I was in labour?! Anyway it definitely confused me in my mid-contraction haze!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be furious. With DD she was born at 9:20pm after having our skin on skin time, DH having his sky on skin time, I had a shower for dressed and as the midwife was doing the paperwork I called my mum and dad and text my sister (wasn't answering her phone) and dh called his mum at this time it was 11:30pm and no one was going to post at midnight! I announced on FB the following day once we were home.

i will deactivate my wall when this bub is born just in case people find it appropriate to ruin the announcement due to it being 'the second baby' which some don't think of as important