+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Eh. A few people put up congratulations on Facebook before we announced. Didn't care. They were just excited and for us it didn't take away the excitement of us announcing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    My FIL did this. I am devastated that we didnt get to announce it. We asked him to remove it but he said he didn't know how. It was mainly because my interstate family hadnt been told yet! FIL then went on to spell ds's name wrong when he added it as a "life event" in facebook. I think the announcement of a baby, engagement etc should be left to those it involves directly

♥ me & my little boy ♥

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never post a congrats message on anyone's wall until they have mentioned the birth themselves. I also changed my settings a week or so before I was due so no one could post on my wall.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

Soon2be4  (02-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be furious. I changed all my FB settings so no one could post to my wall or tag me in the weeks leading up to the birth of our little one. We wanted to be able to contact our family in the uk before we FB announced so it was really important to me that no-one was able to ruin it for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dont like it. I also think its rude to put up wedding pictures before the bride. And ive also seen sympathy posts regarding the passing of a little one😢

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of the many reasons I hate FB, and haven't been on it for years. It seems to "take over" and dictate many aspects of people's lives.
    But I am a self-confessed fuddy-duddy, and a big fan of traits such as respect, discretion and simply being polite. FB often seems to struggle with these.
    I much prefer the anonymity of BH!!

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm frustrated with FB and more so people's lack of common sense with things like this!

A few months back my grandmother passed and my father (who was SIL to her) put up a post announcing it that afternoon. Normally wouldn't be an issue but there were family abroad who couldn't be contacted straight away and if they had looked up FB before calling family they would have got a nasty shock.

I was at work that day and had a missed call from mum, I knew what it was going to be but if I had looked at FB first I would have NOT been happy.

I think people think about how great social media is for keeping in the loop and keeping in touch with people, they've forgotten the normal respect and consideration that should be shown in certain situations.

So no I wouldn't be happy if this happened to me. Some people might not mind but just in case I think people should wait until the parents have made that announcement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My cousin had a baby last week. I knew he had arrived whilst she was still in theatre but i waited until they posted. I thought it was so rude that someone posted on there fb walls before she was out of theatre. To make it worse they were an aunt on her other side of the family who had kids of there own.

Dating 20.06.08
    Engaged 20.06.13
    Married 12.04.14
    Started TTC 07.2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Very rude.
    I like to call all special people in my life to let them know. I would have annoyed if someone told the world before I announced it but I wouldn't let it affect our relationship.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    On a side note my sister and I both have each others passwords so if see this sort of thing we jump on each others account and delete or hide it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

ourbradybunch  (02-09-2014)