+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Shrillian - how did your egg collection go? hope u r feeling ok

i had my egg collection this morning at 8:30 - we got 11 eggs, now to play the waiting game to see how many fertilise. I was awake for the whole thing and was surprised how quick the procedure was.
    I'm feeling surprisingly well - a few cramps, best way to describe it is i feel like i have my period.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sherbet1230 For This Useful Post:

LadyLouise  (05-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littlekiwi View Post
    Good luck, hopefully lots of plump juicy eggs to fertilise also hope your recovering from the trigger! What happened and what was it?
    I had a lot of follies and my oestrogen was really high, so had the Leupropelin Acetate trigger to help reduce OHSS. (Ovridel would raise my oestrogen, whereas this trigger reduces it)

Means I won't be able to do my transfer though. Boo. But have an appointment with the FS on the 18th to talk through what I'll be doing next (most likely Provera, OI and a FET).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sherbet1230 View Post
    @Shrillian - how did your egg collection go? hope u r feeling ok

i had my egg collection this morning at 8:30 - we got 11 eggs, now to play the waiting game to see how many fertilise. I was awake for the whole thing and was surprised how quick the procedure was.
    I'm feeling surprisingly well - a few cramps, best way to describe it is i feel like i have my period.
    @sherbet1230 - EPU went well. Had a few really bad cramps afterwards in recovery, but feeling better now. Just suffering constipation! Ugh! Pain!

I fell asleep through it all and woke up in recovery. 😊

We got 17 eggs and, like you, just waiting to hear from the scientist as to how it's all going. Do you know when you'll be hearing from them? I'm sure they said to me I'll hear back today and then get more updates up until day 5.

I'm no longer transferring. Due to the risk of OHSS they gave me a different trigger and I can't transfer now. So need to wait a few weeks before a FET.

Fx we both get a nice lot of healthy blasties!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Shrillian - i have to ring the clinic in the morning to find out fertilisation rate.
    sorry you wont be transferring but you have to do what is best for your body, recovery may be the key to success.
    yes all fingers and toes are crossed for healthy blasties.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sherbet1230 For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (05-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    well done on the egg hauls @Shrillian and @Sherbert1234 !
    FX for great fert rates for both of you.
    @Shrillian don't be too disappointed - frozen success rates are generally pretty close to fresh and you'll possibly respond better not being too souped up on hormones once your body has had a nice break.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

LadyLouise  (05-09-2014),Shrillian  (05-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good egg hauls ladies. Hoping for lots of nice blasties for the freezer ... Haha even if autocorrect desperately wants them to be beasties!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woof5105 For This Useful Post:

LadyLouise  (05-09-2014),Shrillian  (05-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies just checking in as I had an appt with FS today. Did a scan to see where my ovary is at, and found something in there that isn't my ovary. FS isn't sure if it's a cyst or yet another endometrioma...have to go back next Thursday for another scan and more bloods to see where we go to next. It's at 5cm already, considering there was nothing there a few weeks ago I'm a little concerned. May end up doing a medicated FET rather than natural now, as my hormones would be feeding whatever the growth is.
    If we go ahead with the transfer, I asked if there was anything more or different we could try, since this is the last embie and we can't afford to do another cycle for a while. He has suggested lipiodol. Apparently it coats the uterus and studies have proven it makes the uterus more receptive to the embryo, especially in women with endo. Has anyone else heard of this or had success with it?
    Keen to get some feedback as I'm feeling very down and out....

2009 - 2010 - diagnosed with severe endo - 2 x laps, 1 x laparotomy to remove endo.
    2011 - IVF - 1st cycle - chemical pregnancy, FET - BFN, 2nd FET - BFN
    2013 - another laparotomy - lost right ovary and tube to a 15cm endometrioma
    2014 - July - cycle #2
    August - FET BFN

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies - great news confirmed pregnant!!!! I was concerned with levels as it's 126 at 11dp5dt but nurse said they are great and perfect as Ivfa like them to be over 100 which they are so I will trust them!!!!! Thanks for your support ladies and fingers crossed after 3 miscarriages this year this is my one!!!!!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hopefullyanotherbaby For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (05-09-2014),LadyLouise  (05-09-2014),Shrillian  (05-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey @Ree888 I'm so sorry to hear about the unwelcome guest on your ovary. It's a horrible sinking feeling when a scan throws up something unexpected. With my first endometrioma, we were keeping an eye on it and it went from 4cm to 9cm in 5 weeks, so they can grow pretty fast sometimes. Crossing my fingers that your next scan provides some answers and better news. Or at least a clear way forward.

I also had a lipiodol flush back in March when we were still TTC naturally. It didn't work for me (or hasn't yet anyway! Actually, maybe it helped the emby stick last month before I lost it?? Who knows...). Anyway, the research around it is really positive so I believe it is definitely worth a shot. The procedure itself was fine for me and not overly painful (more uncomfortable). Have you had an HSG/HyCoSy before? They basically just squirt the lipiodol up there at the end of that... If there's anything you want to know about it just ask

Hang in there mate... I'm hoping you catch a break really soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Hopefullyanotherbaby Hooray! Congrats and all the best

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

Hopefullyanotherbaby  (05-09-2014)