+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default July/Aug 2014 IVF/ICSI/FET #2

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkley View Post
    @ScubaGal The POAS sounds positive I'm already on a POAS frenzy but even more confused than ever. My POAS has been getting darker and was still bleeding it looks to have calmed down this morning however there has been some red blood in there and it's lasted about 8 days I really think it was AF don't know what to think. I guess will find out more on Thursday at BT. Have my fingers crossed for you that line keeps getting darker when is your BT?

Sent from my D6503 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    @Twinkley, I know it's easier said than done but try not to stress. I've had quite a bit of bleeding during both my pregnancies, especially first tri. The worst one was at about 5 weeks in my first pregnancy. It went from nothing to gushing and soaking through my clothes within 15 minutes. It was like I'd been stabbed. I was rushed to hospital and told some awful things but everything was completely fine! My "dead" twins are now two and sitting in front of me building block towers. Hang in there!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to safam For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (01-09-2014),Twinkley  (01-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybug14 View Post
    @littlekiwi, are you on the compounded progesterone pessaries? If so I've taken mine overseas on 8 hour flights there and back and just kept them in like a wee little lunch chiller bag. They've been fine. Just need to refrigerate before using so they're hard again!
    @ladybug14 yes that's them, the delightful little waxy ones haha. I just found these dry ice packs for $5 that stay cold for days and are reusable so hopefully they arrive within two weeks. Going to Thailand and the heat from airport to hotel worried me. https://www.dryicepacks.com if anyone else needs to travel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    What pessaries are you on? Do they actually need to be kept cold or just hard? I'm on oripro and the instruction leaflet says if they get a bit warm and don't feel hard through the wrapper to put them in the fridge for a few minutes... Either way you'd be fine with an ice pack in a small cool bag surely??? That's what my stim meds were in when I flew during that cycle. Your main issue will be lying flat to take them. I'd suggest you take an extra dose as close as possible to the flight so if there's a delay you aren't stuck worrying about being late for your dose.
    It just says refrigerate do not freeze. I thought ice packs but was worried about that 100ml allowance. I'm paranoid from my trip to America, held in Cleveland for 8 hours while my checked bags flew to NY without me and I has to pay massive amounts to check my hand luggage in and new flights because of a beautiful Cinderella carriage that had a snow globe in it. Apparently too much liquid. Once I get to Thailand airport I can just buy some cold bottles of water and put that in the lunch bag to last the trip to the hotel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by littlekiwi View Post
    It just says refrigerate do not freeze. I thought ice packs but was worried about that 100ml allowance. I'm paranoid from my trip to America, held in Cleveland for 8 hours while my checked bags flew to NY without me and I has to pay massive amounts to check my hand luggage in and new flights because of a beautiful Cinderella carriage that had a snow globe in it. Apparently too much liquid. Once I get to Thailand airport I can just buy some cold bottles of water and put that in the lunch bag to last the trip to the hotel.
    You could get some of these mini instant ice packs - theres an 80g option which should be under 100ml. http://shopfirstaid.com.au/instant-i...bP-hoCWZTw_wcB

I'd suggest talking to your FS and/or the chemist that dispensed them to you and specifically ask:
    1. what happens if they aren't refrigerated - do they go off or just get a bit melty?
    2. If they warm up are you ok to re-cool them at your destination?
    3. Can you take extras to make sure there's less risk you'll need to do one in transit (can be hard to find somewhere to lie flat and very stressful if you get delayed somewhere).

My main point is work it all out before you go, based on my experience last cycle when the crinone applicators were exploding when I tried to use them on the plane and I missed a dose, it was intensely stressful being on that plane and not knowing whether i should do a second dose or what the risks were with no phone or google!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Official BFP here.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

LadyLouise  (01-09-2014),loulabubble  (02-09-2014),safam  (01-09-2014),ScubaGal  (01-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @BettyW!! Fantastic news

9. The Following User Says Thank You to littlekiwi For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (01-09-2014)

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    Official BFP here.

Congratulations BettyW. That's fantastic news. What a great month this has been!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KtKing For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (01-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    How are you holding out @woof5105 ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @BettyW that's awesome news.

Sent from my D6503 using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Twinkley For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (01-09-2014)