+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks everybody! It's reassuring to hear other babies don't always adhere to the sleep guidelines either.

Starfish30 I think you're right. I'm going to try to spend less time worrying about what she "should" do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD is in the minority. She didn't sleep anywhere near normal as a newborn, cut down to 1 nap at 7 months old, cut out naps altogether at 20 months old and at 3 years old she only needs 10-12 hours sleep.
    I used to beat myself up thinking I was doing something wrong, but that's just her.
    She's even one of those kids who doesn't always fall asleep in the car despite travelling a fair way.

Do what works for you both. Happy bub = happy mum. You're doing a great job.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiery For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (01-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    DS1 and DS2 - no freaking way. DS3? Up until 3-4ish weeks ago he still did and he is almost 15 months old. He would sleep frpm 6pmish to 8amish without wake ups and also has 2-4 hours of nap through the day. He did this from a very young age although until he was 4 months old he was held for every single sleep including through the night.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (01-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I think if you change that to the average baby under 5 months needs around 16-18hours sleep each day, but remember every baby is different, you will feel much better. Remember anything you read in a book us an average or even an ideal, but there are no shoulds when it comes to babies.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (01-09-2014)