+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree that meet up is good. In the last place I lived I made a few friends via Meet Up, they're all really lovely and we're keeping in touch now I've moved and are planning visits to come see us.

I'm now in the process of trying to do this again in a new town!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (02-09-2014)

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I joined a discussion on here in 2010 and now have 20+ women I would consider irl friends now. We do lunches, baby showers, kiddie birthdays. It's wonderful. I find that everyone has been kinda lack luster in my real life in terms of support through ttc/Ivf/stilbirth/miscarriage. So don't give up! These women are my main support now days some are my closest friends.

Angus 4~6~13, loved - wanted - missed
    Barny barnacle - MMC Feb14 🎀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    I agree that meet up is good. In the last place I lived I made a few friends via Meet Up, they're all really lovely and we're keeping in touch now I've moved and are planning visits to come see us.

I'm now in the process of trying to do this again in a new town!
    Meetup is really good and the beauty if it is that everyone is just trying to make friends so it's really easy to connect.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't met anyone in real life from here recently, but I have met a few ladies from bubhub through my daughter when she was a member here. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have! I noticed a member on here who I shared so much in common with and then found out she lived just down the road! It took us a while to meet IRL but when we did we had a lovely afternoon We have become really close friends and I was nervous to meet IRL but turns out there was nothing to be worried about. I'm a very anxious and shy person so putting myself out there to make friends is a huge struggle.

I have a couple of beautiful hubbers on Fb who I absolutely love talking to but they are too far away to meet up It sucks big time because I know we would hang out a lot if we lived even remotely close to each other