+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Vanuatu VS Fiji with an infant

Has anyone been to either or both and can give advice?
    I'm thinking of booking a trip next year (what time of the year is pleasant?)

We will have our DD who by then will be approx 1.5yrs, maybe a little less.

I can't make up my mind which Island to visit. I want to possibly put DD In care for some time to relax with DH, I was also thinking an inclusive resort would be easiest. Open to all suggestions

Thanks
    Reviews
    I personally prefer Fiji as they are so set up for kids. In saying that though I've only been to Vanuatu pre kids. We went to Fiji September last year and my DS was 1.5 yrs and he loved it. We will definitely be going back next year. Have a newborn now so he'll be under 1 when we go.
    I'm sure there are lots of people on here though that have been to both with kids and could give you a fairer viewpoint.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cappy For This Useful Post:

alexis243  (31-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just returned from two weeks in Fiji with dd, who is 3. It was fantastic, everyone loved her, and when she was disruptive no one seemed to mind. The kids club only takes kids from 5-10, but the resort also had nannies for $70FD for the day. The nannies LOVED the kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did Fiji in Feb this year with 3 kids. Omg don't go in feb!!!! It was like being in a sauna 24/7!!! It was low season so we got awesome price and it wasn't packed but omg hot hot hot! We stayed at Raddison blu on Denaru for 2 nights & then went by boat to Plantation island resort, took 40-60mins to get there. So Raddison was a 4 star rating and plantation was 3 star but being on the island is what the post cards look like!!! So worth it to go to a an island!!
    Kids club was great, we had to have a nanny for our youngest as he was only 2 (almost 3) so we paid her $6fj an hour for 3 hour blocks, so worth it! The kids cried when it was time for us to pick them up!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have been Twice. The 1st time Dd was 3or4 stayed at the Warwick. It was fantastic. Dd had a great time I think it was about May the weather was perfect. The water was just right. 2nd time was August/September and weather was nice alittle drizzly and the water was alittle cool hadn't had enough time to warm up. Can't remember the name of hotel but it was busy and I think I preferred our 1st hotel.
    We love Fiji as a family holiday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont have kids yet, but having just come back from Vanuatu, its not somewhere that I would want to take an infant/toddler.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've heard Fiji is great for kids and most resorts have kids clubs and nannies. I went to Vanuatu for my honeymoon and it was lovely but I agree with pp probably not great with an infant.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I went to both pre kids and I vowed when I had kids I would go back to Fiji. They just love kids, it's in their culture.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Super Trooper  (01-12-2014)