+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Toddler and booking in for induction

So dd is 2.5yrs and has a limited understanding of the fact that bubba is coming. I'm booked at the hospital for induction tomorrow evening/Monday morning. Given that hubby is still working on getting his license(test later next week, eek) I need my mum to help take me to the hospital and then she's going to mind dd while hubby stays a while longer at the hospital. It will be gel overnight and he won't be able to stay so he will go home to dd and then if he gets called in my mum will be on standby.

I have to arrive at around 4.30pm, hubby can help me with my bags but just trying to decide if I should get mum to bring dd into the room to say goodbye. She's a pretty chilled child and doesn't usually worry about saying goodbye so I don't think she will have a tanty when she gets to go with grandma, but mainly hoping it will help when we bring her in to meet bubba if she's been there before.

Thoughts and experiences????

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son was 2.5 when no 2 arrived. We bought and wrapped a gift from baby to him so that once they met he was the focus. It worked a treat. He instantly liked baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm sure she will be absolutely fine. Let her drop you off and tell her next time she sees mummy that she'll have her new baby there. I've got 4 daughters and each time they were great leaving with my mum whilst DH and I stayed at the hospital. They thought the sleepover was the best part lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well she was great at the hospital and leaving but they came picked dh up at kick out time so he could do bedtime while my mum went to my sisters and she got a bit upset about mummy not being there. I ended up on the phone saying goodnight and she has gone to bed now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good luck with your induction!!

DD was almost 3 when DS was born 5 weeks ago. When he was born we had my mum bring in DD so she could be the first to meet him. She found it a little overwhelming at first as I had tubes and all that attached to me, so it's probably good that your DD got to see you in hospital before your bub arrives.