+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, btw Goblin Queen, LOVE the name...Labyrinth is one of my all-time favourites! Must have seen in 100 times

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Explora For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (08-09-2014)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Queen View Post

As for what to tell family, maybe talk it over with your DP and see what he thinks. To be honest, it's not really any of their business anyway!
    This. How this happened is no one's business. I know that sometimes people ask. But just because they do, doesn't mean you owe them an answer.
    Perhaps you can avoid the question and try this:
    Family/Friend "OMG how did this happen"
    You "we're really excited"
    Family/Friend "yes but HOW did it happen"
    You " the same way all babies are made. we're really excited" rinse. lather. repeat!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (08-09-2014),Explora  (11-09-2014),Tamz36  (10-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations! He sounds like a very mature man, a keeper!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

Explora  (11-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got another scan today - success, the pregnancy is not ectopic, luckily!
    Also found out I have a "sub-septate" uterus...which supposedly makes it harder for an embryo to implant.

So between my one working Fallopian tube and my odd-shaped uterus, this little thing has found a way. Truly must be a miracle.

Anyone have a sub-septate uterus? Shed any light on your experience?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Explora For This Useful Post:

curlybird  (11-09-2014),firsttimemummatobe  (11-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Explora View Post
    Got another scan today - success, the pregnancy is not ectopic, luckily!
    Also found out I have a "sub-septate" uterus...which supposedly makes it harder for an embryo to implant.

So between my one working Fallopian tube and my odd-shaped uterus, this little thing has found a way. Truly must be a miracle.

Anyone have a sub-septate uterus? Shed any light on your experience?
    A miracle indeed! So wonderful that things are going well and your DP is being so supportive.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

Explora  (11-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    That's another name for a bicornuate uterus, which I have. Depending on how severe the septum is (mine is in the middle) you may end up with malposition issues. I have had 2 kids, both were breech from it. The septum means they can't turn. Posterior is also very common too.

It's not as scary as it sounds

12. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Explora  (11-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Explora on your bub!

I fell pregnant with my DS only 4 month into a new relationship, AND I was only 21. However I always felt that he was the love of my life - even in that 4 months. (He still claims that he wanted to propose to me 2 months in)
    I was on the pill but must have done something not right and we ended up with our oopsey! However it is the best thing that happened to us.
    We have now been married for 2.5 years and have 2 beautiful little men and now #3 on the way! So it may have seemed scary and not ideal at the start, but we could not be happier with how our life turned out.
    I hope the same happens for you both!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to simjayne For This Useful Post:

Explora  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a supseptate uterus.
    The problem with the embryo implanting occurs if it implants on the septate (the divide). For example my uterus is shaped like a heart ❤️ rather than an upside down pear. If the embryo was to implant on the bit up the top in the centre, there is less chance the pregnancy will develop as there isn't enough supporting tissue.
    My daughter was a breech as a result of my uterus ( once she got big, she couldn't turn to engage) so I had to have a c section.
    Plenty of women have a subseptate uterus and never know.
    There's a good chance it will make no difference to your pregnancy.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

Explora  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Explora I just wanted to chip in with my story. I met my partner on holiday and moved to Australia to be with him 2 months later. Three months after that we found out I was a month pregnant :-0 Definitely an oopsie, we had not talked kids at all and were very much in the party party stage of life. I had always wanted a baby but it was a lot for him to get his head around, although keeping it was never in doubt. We've been together just over five years now, our daughter is 4 and awesome, and her planned little sister is due in a week or so :-) Getting to know one another and adjusting to parenthood at the same time wasn't always easy but we're very happy now :-)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to changethestars For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (04-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just read this whole thread and it is almost exactly my current situation (minus the just meeting). My partner and I have been together for a year and are both in our mid 20's, I have two young children to my previous relationship and he has one to his. In May I had quite bad abdominal and lower back pain and after going to ED told it was a kidney infection and given antibiotics, when the pain was still there 2 weeks later I went to see my GP. After multiple ultrasounds I was told I also had hyrosalpinx, booked in with a gyno and he confirmed I had this in both tubes and they had no idea of the cause. I was booked in for surgery for 5 weeks later and he told me I would need IVF to have anymore children and they would potentially remove my tubes during my surgery because the same reason as you, I wouldn't fall pregnant naturally with the fluid back flowing into my uterus. 3 days prior to my surgery I realised I hadn't got my period which was 5 days late and I had a severe headache (common pregnancy symptom of mine) so went and did a test and yes, 3 BFP!! My partner works FIFO also so I told him on the phone that arvo. We had spoken about children and both already have them so it isn't such a big deal for us, and he was there when 3 different people had told me I would not fall pregnant. I am now 10 weeks pregnant! It's crazy reading a story so similar but congratulations and I wish you all the best

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Lozz90 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (04-10-2015)