+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Another one here for the cheap and cheerful, happy baby, cherry shaped dummies. Apparently they are meant to be 'most like the breast' as per LC's. You can find them in most baby stores but also in woolworths/Coles. (That's where I buy mine). x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

debsch  (30-08-2014)

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    How good are they!

OP, not sure how easy they are to find in OZ, kiwi would know better than me as I'm currently in London. They're only on amazon uk over here and pretty expensive (£10!) so I've ordered them from both the US amazon and the US toys r us (babies r us) as they're only a few US dollars and both ship internationally. He completely refused the ortho dummies and was ok with the cherry but I had to keep putting it back in. He loves these and took to them straight away!

A side note...the 3+ month ones are slightly firmer than the 0-3months and he doesn't really like them so I'm still using the 0-3. Same size just firmer.
    They are awesome!

We got ours from the hospital they let us bring it home with us when he was discharged, as he was prem he hadn't learnt the sucking reflex yet.

Here is some info
    http://www.ebay.com.au/gds/Soothie-v...7742181/g.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    My breastfeed son hated cherry shape. He only like the flat orthodontic ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing as my DS3 is a huge comfort sucker at 4 days old 😁 May have to give some of these a go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippa View Post
    Subbing as my DS3 is a huge comfort sucker at 4 days old 😁 May have to give some of these a go!
    Just butting in to say something quickly- at 4 days old all that "comfort sucking" is actually serving a very important purpose- this is what will build your milk supply. Breastfeeding needs demand to build supply. Try to stick it out a bit longer before offering a dummy if you can- these first days are crucial

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

debsch  (30-08-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (29-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Avent worked for the brief time my bf bub would take a dummy

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd is same. Gets quite upset about milk coming when she just wants to flutter suck her way to blissful sleep. We've tried the regular avent ones. She acts utterly insulted by them! Don't want to spend $70 on dummies to find the right one OR find that there is no right one. Reckon some babies are just not dummy babies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Just butting in to say something quickly- at 4 days old all that "comfort sucking" is actually serving a very important purpose- this is what will build your milk supply. Breastfeeding needs demand to build supply. Try to stick it out a bit longer before offering a dummy if you can- these first days are crucial
    Definitely! We didn't try a dummy until two weeks (long public transport journey to get his tongue tie snipped) and then didn't find the avent ones until about 4 weeks.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (30-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Yep I agree. My other two never really comfort sucked so it's a bit different! He's doing a great job pumping up my milk - poor kid is nearly drowning in it! I would prefer not to use one at all if possible. I avoided it with DS2 and it was a good thing. I'll just let him go for his life and reassess in a few weeks.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (30-08-2014)