+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loodle View Post
    My last pregnancy I went for a dating scan at 5+3 and they saw nothing so I was told to come back in 2 weeks which after have 2 miscarriages previously made me nervous. I went back at exactly 7 weeks and straight away they found a little bub with a strong heartbeat. That baby just turned 2 and is taking advantage of the fact I am exhausted and being a little pain in the bum
    Thank you so much for your reply, you've no idea how reassuring that is!! I hope in a couple of years I have another LO causing mayhem and exhaustion too although I know exactly the overwhelming worry you've been through Did you have any tests between the first ultrasound and the one at 7 weeks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bookwormmum View Post
    Thank you so much for your reply, you've no idea how reassuring that is!! I hope in a couple of years I have another LO causing mayhem and exhaustion too although I know exactly the overwhelming worry you've been through Did you have any tests between the first ultrasound and the one at 7 weeks?
    No I just waited biting my nails. A friend of mine just had a baby and had the same thing with her dating scan not showing what it should so to help reassure her the Dr had her to bloods every few days to make sure all levels were rising as they should so maybe you could see if your Dr will do that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It happened to me too. I thought I was over 5 weeks and they couldn't see anything at all. I had to have another ultrasound and couldn't get in till I was 8 weeks. Turns out I was a week out and it was just yoo early to tell!! It was a nerve wracking wait but they saw the heart beat straight away at the second ultrasound!

Good luck with everything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you been having your hcg levels checked? That might help to reassure you?

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    When's your next scan @bookwormmum?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh god, I can't imagine weeks of waiting @EmilsMum, it must have been such a huge relief to see that heartbeat. It's only been a few days, and i'm a wreck

Hi shivvy, I got results from my blood test yesterday - hcg levels are at about 400. I've found varying information of what this could mean on the internet but have just been trying not to google in general, as the pathologist said this would mean I'm only around 2 weeks, which I know isn't possible, and probably suggests things aren't going well.

alexis243, haven't booked a scan yet, but I have a dr appointment on tuesday and am going to request another scan which I'll book for thursday. That will be exactly a week from the last scan, I'm just hoping and praying like mad that something can be seen by then.

Even if it's not good news, I just want to know once and for all. I feel like a ticking time bomb.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    He would mean 2 weeks after conception which would be about right. At 19 DPO, so around your stage, my count was 590, and mine was on the top end of normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    2 weeks after conception could be possible - I asked if he meant 2 weeks as in from my last period, and he said yes, which just confused me even more. But maybe he just didn't know? Hm...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    This might help as a guideAttachment 60040
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a date scan at 5+5 and saw nothing, the sent me back 2 weeks later and there was a tiny baby and a strong heart beat

Sent from my SM-G900F using The Bub Hub mobile app