+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Over 5w, nothing on ultrasound?

Is it normal to not see anything? I had a dating ultrasound (internal) on thursday as I'm not 100% sure when my last period was, but I think I'm about a week past my missed period. She couldn't see anything, not even the sac. I've had six or seven positive pg tests - the report from the radiologist said it could be either a very early pregnancy, an ectopic pregnancy or a miscarriage (I haven't had any bleeding). I've had a blood test today, but I'm quite scared this is an ectopic pregnancy.
    Has anyone else not been able to see anything on internal u/s at around 5-6 weeks? Please help put my mind at ease

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I had a heart beat with this bean at 5+0. Am absolutely sure of my dates and dating scan confirmed.

The only time this has happened to me was my EP. I'd had bloods done with a count of 500 or so and not even a sac. They found it in my left tube. I'd wait 2 weeks and get another scan done.

I know that's probably not want you wanted to hear, but I think knowledge is power. Nothing at all may be wrong, just have a follow up.
    Last edited by delirium; 29-08-2014 at 15:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks delirium, you are right, I know it's best to be prepared. 2 weeks just feels like an eternity right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Could your dates be wrong given you aren't positive how overdue you are? You may only be 4 or so weeks and you def wouldn't see even a sac then.

Are you bleeding? I didn't even know I was pg with my EP until I was 7 weeks bc I'd had a normal period despite being pg. Then mid cycle I started bleeding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I may have ovulated later in my cycle… I'm not sure. I think my last period started around the 20th of july.

This was completely unplanned, so I'm not sure of anything, but when the shock wore off, I realised how much I want this baby.

Nope, no bleeding. A little crampy feeling, but nothing worse than what I remember in the early weeks with my first 2. Normal pregnancy symptoms and everything… I don't know if this means anything, either, but the line on the HPTs I've been doing has been getting darker and darker, too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Darkening tests are a really good sign. It sounds as though it may just to be too early. I've read heaps of stories on here of similar issues, to find they were a bit off on their dates and a week later a sac and fetal pole are found.

Good luck, I'm sure all with be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks delirium.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Wow! This feels slightly stalkerish as I haven't spoken to you in ages, but just wanted to say that with DS I meet had a dating scan, but when I had my 12 week scan they told me to go away because I was only just over 10 weeks, which seemed impossible to me but must have been right.
    Maybe too early to say congrats, but I'll say yay that's very exciting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My last pregnancy I went for a dating scan at 5+3 and they saw nothing so I was told to come back in 2 weeks which after have 2 miscarriages previously made me nervous. I went back at exactly 7 weeks and straight away they found a little bub with a strong heartbeat. That baby just turned 2 and is taking advantage of the fact I am exhausted and being a little pain in the bum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks FL, wow it has been ages! I hope so - it's very possible I've counted my weeks wrong, I'm just hanging on to the thought that that must be it.