+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bearing down feeling during Braxton Hicks contractions?

Hello all, I am 38+1. Been having BH for weeks and weeks. Have them everyday and they are normally quite strong. Anyhow, I'm just wondering if any one else has ever experienced a bearing down feeling along with their BH contractions? It's the strangest feeling. Hope someone can share some insight. Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I had BH for both my pregnancies and I did not get the bearing down feeling at all. Are you sure you're not in labour? Dd2 labour was actually quite pain free and felt like minor BH.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Mekoda  (29-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Has the bearing down just started today?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Mekoda  (29-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had it with mine for weeks. It's not fun. They classed mine as early labor.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RoseBetweenTheThorns For This Useful Post:

Mekoda  (29-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes I had that with my last pregnancy from 32 weeks onwards which turned out to be just the pressure and it never eventuated to anything. If It is just starting today for you I'm inclined to think maybe labour is starting or not far off for you?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

Mekoda  (29-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for all the responses. It's not with every BH contraction - just the particularly strong ones, and it has happened a couple of times throughout the past week but around 5 times this afternoon. I will be keeping a very close eye on things - I'm not overly concerned because my water hasn't broken and I haven't had a show (I know however that often times this doesn't matter). Hopefully it's just a sign of my body progressing towards labour. I appreciate the advice, thank you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Out of stupidity what is this bearing down feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't get the bearing down feeling until labour. So a bit more painful than bh with bearing down.
    It's just like the baby is falling out putting all it's weight with every contraction. (Labour)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post

Haven't had a vaginal birth, but I imagine its similar to that pressure feeling that you get when you really really really need to do a poo. But in the vagina.
    The bearing down feeling was like that for me but also in my bum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekoda View Post
    Thank you so much for all the responses. It's not with every BH contraction - just the particularly strong ones, and it has happened a couple of times throughout the past week but around 5 times this afternoon. I will be keeping a very close eye on things - I'm not overly concerned because my water hasn't broken and I haven't had a show (I know however that often times this doesn't matter). Hopefully it's just a sign of my body progressing towards labour. I appreciate the advice, thank you x
    Either way sounds like Its all heading in the right direction