+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We used Dr Artley at concept and from my understanding Dr Teoh does MTESE... As explained before we only had obstructive azoospermia with sperm found straight away on the first TESE and a successful first IVF ICSI! My partners was caused by damage to his epidimys which is high unusual! bbhope is so cluey on it all I would trust her expertise as she exhausted all avenues before going the doner sperm avenue! She was a world of information for us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OK i just saw your post @jonathant. I would have assumed you went to see Dr Teoh who seems to have a strong interest in male infertility. TESA is good if you have obstructive azoospermia. TESE to try your luck (most dr do blind sample) and a diagnosis. mTESE is the ultimate surgery -- an exploration surgery for non obstructive azoospermia patients. We by pass TESA and TESE and went straight to micro-TESE. It is a very invasive surgery! DH won't want to do it the second time.
    @TTC1918 -- it is good to know success story like yours. I got a lot of advices and support from the ladies in the past. It was the worst time of my life. I want to pay it forward.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-06-2016),ttc1981  (06-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can only imagine how hard it was going through what you did... I had people say well if Your partner doesn't have sperm will you leave him... I was like what the hell I love this guy and he's my world and anything we go through we can overcome together... He's our success storey was lucky and we had sperm! But now with my blood clotting issues we are having a very complicated pregnancy with not knowing if our Bub will be either 8 or 6 weeks premature and we are supporting each other through this! Life isn't easy and facing issues like this when conceiving I feel just makes you stronger together to face anything the world throws at you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Johnathon do not give up hope. You need to exhaust all avenues. And stay positive. Negativity feeds off bad energy.

Have you heard of the Turek clinic in the States? http://theturekclinic.com Apparently he is the leader in infertility and azoospermia. Might help to send your details online and see what he can recommend? Apparently I read that even after chemo Dr Turek does some sort of FNA mapping thing and has found sperm in these patients.

Please give it a go. I would love to hear how you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi sorry I never replied to this. No we didnt. Dr Lok at Genea (Sydney) is the sperm man. If anyone was to find sperm he is your man.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes, there is the FNA mapping. You can try to send a message. I didn't get a reply, though.

FNA was mentioned at the other thread as well a while back. There are pros and cons. Someone on the thread saying they didn't go with the FNA mapping because what if the Dr takes out the only sample that produces sperms. With FNA mapping (less invasive), you still need to do mTESE.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ttc1981 View Post
    I can only imagine how hard it was going through what you did... I had people say well if Your partner doesn't have sperm will you leave him... I was like what the hell I love this guy and he's my world and anything we go through we can overcome together... He's our success storey was lucky and we had sperm! But now with my blood clotting issues we are having a very complicated pregnancy with not knowing if our Bub will be either 8 or 6 weeks premature and we are supporting each other through this! Life isn't easy and facing issues like this when conceiving I feel just makes you stronger together to face anything the world throws at you
    The worries won't end. You think after what we have gone through, the universe would be nicer to us. I also had a risk factor for my pregnancy. While the whole azoo journey was difficult and sad, it wasn't what we set out for but i would say that we have a happy ending. All the best for the rest of your pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @zoe1974: may I ask what diagnosis it is for your DH azoo. Maturation arrest, Sertoli cell only? I think@malak asked in an early post as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

DH had testicular atrophy and sertoli cell only syndrome. Dr Lok put him on hormones for a few months I think but they werent that successful. I had high NK cells.

1st biopsy Dr Urshman (urologist referred to through IVF Oz) - found a few viable sperms but none put away, not sure why. At this point we were told by IVF Australia we could never have our own biological children and the only way foward was via a donor. This took a beating and we took a backseat and did nothing for many years.

Then saw Dr Anne Clark who referred us to Dr Lok after reading DH condition. She too had also said if it would be anyone to find sperm it would be Dr Lok.

2nd biopsy Dr Lok - found some sperm to do a fresh cycle and then freeze, no success on the first go. However, we fell pregnant 10 YEARS LATER on the 8th go via ICSI and via a frozen cycle. This was our last chance and if this wasnt to have worked DH would have had to be opened up again.

I count my lucky stars every day to have been blessed with my twin boys. I truly believe God sent them to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for the advice and confidence. I will try any surgery etc to be a biological father