+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What are you giving/doing for father's day?

It is the first one for my dh since ds was born and wondering what everyone is doing for their partners!

Currently thinking about giving him a photo of the two in a nice frame and a card with a nice poem sort of thanking and also encouraging dh to be a good role model for ds!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It mines first Father's Day too and I'm stumped! (It's also his birthday the day before!) so I have to think of two presents! That sounds lovely i kind of kicked myself there as I was dd crazy and had a million photo shoots done so we already have pics of them everywhere.. Wish I could do something cute like that.. Everything I think of is more for 'the house' than him... Ahhh

3. The Following User Says Thank You to XmasDayBub For This Useful Post:

peonies  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Its also my dh's first fathers day. Im going to give him a hand made card with a photo of him & ds, as well as a couple of magazines he wanted & some nice chocolates

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

peonies  (28-08-2014)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    we are going to be away on holidays for Fathers Day - so we have decided to do fathers day this weekend instead, so that we can make it all about DH

DD has made him a special card, we bought him some chocolate and lollies that he likes, and will probably go out for dinner.

Its not about the presents or anything like that for us - just a day to appreciate DH and how great he is

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

peonies  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @XmasDayBub oh that makes it even harder! Father's day and birthday presents! I was also thinking about putting ds's hand and foot prints. Maybe you could do something like that too? I have to find or make baby safe paint...
    @heartstringz that sounds lovely I wish I was crafty! Chocolates always go down well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    giving my hubby a photo book of photos of him and DD over the last 4 years. Also a new watch and a bag if mini boost chocolate bars - his favourite

Have no idea what in getting my dad or FIL

10. The Following User Says Thank You to misscheekysmum For This Useful Post:

peonies  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    First Father's Day for DH also. Have got him the standard socks, jocks and boxers that all dads want hehe. Have also got him a personalised coffee mug with DS's hand prints on it from the ceramic cafe. Looks adorable oh and a really sweet card.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

peonies  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh first fathers days, how exciting! Love hand and foot prints. Poor DH the boys and I are flying up to see my family the day before Father's Day. Then he leaves on school camp with his class lunch time Sunday. Just poor planning on both our parts but did but him an awesome down sleeping bag from the boys for his trip today.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MummyBic For This Useful Post:

peonies  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last year I got Dh a pen engraved with 'love Dd' he uses a pen everyday for work, and keeps it on him all the time: that was his first Father's Day. This year, he is getting pj's that our 18month old dd picked for him (Mickey Mouse ones!), not to mention he only just got a new set of golf clubs which he decided was his birthday/Father's Day/Christmas present.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to missy26 For This Useful Post:

peonies  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! I should write down all the good ideas for many more father's day to come! I love the idea of personalised goods name or hand prints. I wanted to take my ds to the aquarium soon so might do that on father's day also to make it even more special