+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Your happiness is definitely more important than money, I totally agree, however I want to throw it out there that you are still in the 'honeymoon period' of your current job, which you are still relatively new at.

So if I were you, I would actually compare your past jobs with the one you have and the higher paid one, don't just look at your current one as you may still have rose coloured glasses on.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Hollywood  (01-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    Your happiness is definitely more important than money, I totally agree, however I want to throw it out there that you are still in the 'honeymoon period' of your current job, which you are still relatively new at.

So if I were you, I would actually compare your past jobs with the one you have and the higher paid one, don't just look at your current one as you may still have rose coloured glasses on.
    Yes, you've also got a good point. I gave my dad my tax stuff last week (he's an accountant), so I'll have to see how it all works out. If I can still afford to work with this lower salary I'll stay for sure and just wait until my 6 month review, but if it turns out that nearly all my salary ends up paying daycare with nothing left then I may be forced to have a serious chat with my boss. I do like it here but it's got to be profitable for me or there's no point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    Tax will take a lot anyway. I wonder how many unpaid hours you would be expected to do?
    It was only set hours Mon - Fri, and I have to pick up my DD from daycare so I'm limited when it comes to overtime hours (pretty much can't do it!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Work out how much tax you'll pay extra and deduct it from the 20k. You might not be that much better off afterward. Then work out travel time to and from work/day care and cost it vs petrol to where you are now. You might need to leave earlier than you currently do to make it to pick up your DD.
    Then work out travel time to/from home vs where you are now.
    Deduct all that from the extra 20k.
    Then add on the possibility of not having a job if there's a high staff turn over in a few months. Work out what your extra would be in 3 months.

Then work out whether it's worth you leaving somewhere you're happy for that. I left a job I loved once for a higher paid one. I was under so much stress and so anxious I spent a lot of time at the drs for it. So work out drs fees for illness that comes with stress and anxiety.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's like the universe really wants me to stay in this job. Yesterday our boss took the whole property management team (me included as I'm the property management receptionist) out to lunch. And not just any old place, took us to Yering Station Winery, we had a 5 star meal overlooking the beautiful countryside. It was just his way of thanking us all for doing a great job as he's had so much good feedback about the current team, more than ever before! It was lovely

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

maternidade  (03-09-2014),MsViking  (03-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's amazing! Lucky you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very nice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    It's like the universe really wants me to stay in this job. Yesterday our boss took the whole property management team (me included as I'm the property management receptionist) out to lunch. And not just any old place, took us to Yering Station Winery, we had a 5 star meal overlooking the beautiful countryside. It was just his way of thanking us all for doing a great job as he's had so much good feedback about the current team, more than ever before! It was lovely
    Seriously stay. It sounds like a great work environment and you can discuss pay once you've been there for 6 months.
    The other job may only be 9-5 and that might be all you can do, but that doesn't mean you won't be super stressed out to the max in the hours you are there. I worked in a job that I hated for 2 years....it was awful. It affected my whole life. I've never been more miserable, but at the time I just couldn't see a way out. Never again.