+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    yep - follow your instincts.

You spend a LOT of time at work, and its worth that bit less in pay to stay at one you are happy at.

I agree with degrassi - letting someone go because they are 'too slow at their work' would ring alarm bells for me

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (28-08-2014),Hollywood  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd stay too. I once left a company I loved and had worked at for 5 years to take another job at another company that paid $20k more. I got a weird vibe at the interview but I desperately wanted a change and we were saving for a house deposit at the time so I just did it. Worst decision ever. I regretted it from about my 2nd day at the new job. I missed my old work colleagues a lot. My new boss was horrible, I was working 14 hour days and I cried on my way home some days... no amount of money is worth that! I only lasted there 8 months before I resigned for slightly less money somewhere else.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bitterpure For This Useful Post:

Hollywood  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am currently sitting behind a desk but in my mind I am curled in a ball, rocking back & forth repeating to myself "it pays the school fees, it pays the school fees". Don't leave a good place for the money.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Legeyt For This Useful Post:

babybloom  (01-09-2014),Hollywood  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    As you know Real Estate is a hard job anyway and once you find an office/licensee that's good you should stay with it! Plus as pp said you might be able to get promoted and earn more later - they will notice how good you are soon I'm sure - we try very hard to hang to our good staff!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Hollywood  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thanks SO much for all your replies. I was talking to DP about it yesterday and he said that we will be ok and make it work with the money I get, regardless of how it all pans out with our combined finances. He saw how stressed I was at my previous job (where I was made redundant) and he said to just not worry about the money.

In regards to that other job and how they said she was 'too slow', I actually remember that when they described the job in the interview I did think to myself that the person sounded rather overworked. When I asked why the current person is leaving they said it was to do accounts in a different company. Hmmm

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have left great jobs for higher pay in the past. The last time I did that it was to a company that also had a high staff turnover. I knew by the end of my first day that it was NOT a company I would work for. The boss was yelling at staff. The other staff were so blasé about everything AND they said I was on a 3 month trial (nothing wrong with that) plus would not accumulate leave of any kind during that time. I was not casual or on a hourly rate and made to work more than standard hours.

The grass is certainly not always greener, as others have mentioned. I have just started a new job. It doesn't pay what I have been on previously but I am hoping that the work environment makes up for it (do far, so good.....but it's only been a week) I refuse to put up with a job that makes me miserable as you spend a big chunk of your time there.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Beljane For This Useful Post:

Hollywood  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely go with the happier workplace. And maybe tell your boss you've been offered another job for higher pay... You never know maybe they will offer you a bit more to keep you! Great admins are hard to find.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MsViking For This Useful Post:

Hollywood  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Stay with the happy job 100% you can't buy happiness and you can't buy nice people/ workplace!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jensha For This Useful Post:

Hollywood  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Tax will take a lot anyway. I wonder how many unpaid hours you would be expected to do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    DON'T DO IT!!

MY husband left a job he liked a lot for a job offering extra 15k or so. within a week he was miserable as all hell and exactly i year later he was out of a job! he was VERY LUCKY and managed to return to his old job and he said he is never ever going for a promotion like that again. Less is more!! please dont do it. I hear so many horror stories.

the job you have now chose you, the other job didn't and now they are crawling back, screw them!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to babybloom For This Useful Post:

Hollywood  (01-09-2014)