+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing, because it's something I've been trying to find again for a while now.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH, dd and my study atm. DH is always kind and supportive and values me and what I do for our family. Dd is a major ego boast to me atm, she must tell me a dozen times a day how much she loves me and whenever we eat anywhere but home she tells me how my cooking is better, lol ! Long may it last!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    self worth has to come from you. it is your opinion of you. not someone elses opinion of you. it comes from how you allow others to treat you. how you expect others to treat you. I don't accept bad language around me. My adult children and my husband will apologise if words slip out and im near. I will graciously accept a seat on the bus if it is offered to me, or if some one holds a door open for me. I will also do these things for others. this is reminding me of an old 'skyhooks' song 'ego, is not a dirty word". your self worth is reflected in how you dress, how you walk and talk. also by the people you hang around with. This could be a topic I might have too much to share. hugs, Marie.
    This is true for me. My self worth is based around my identity as a woman, mother, wife, daughter, friend, scientist, teacher, scholar. I too do not accept bad language around me, nor do I tolerate bullying behaviour. I will not be treated badly by people repeatedly. Would I let my girls be treated like this? If it's a no, then it's not acceptable for me either. But my self worth is tied into my physical presentation. I do know I feel better about myself when I'm fit, healthy, dressed neatly and cleanly. Treat yourself how you want others to treat you.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    From being a good person, from going out into the world and doing good. In my career, at home, with family and friends, with strangers. I try in my own small way to make a positive difference to the world.
    For me, self worth can't come completely from within, it only occurs in relation to the greater world around me. For others the outside world may not matter so much- they get their worth through being creative or being self aware or through their religion or something else, and that's cool because it takes all sorts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have none and I am struggling with this post because it is something that I am definitely not familiar with and don't fully understand the question being asked because I have never experienced the question being asked I don't think.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry I might in the future pass these posts or making them I just open up way too much and feel very vulnerable ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleflowers View Post
    I'm sorry I might in the future pass these posts or making them I just open up way too much and feel very vulnerable ...

Let it out. You're not invisible. I too am trying to find baby steps back to being well again. First step is realising...next is working towards getting our groove back baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great topic I like it ... Going away to have a think ...

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't want to share too much, but I really think that by definition, self worth has to come mostly from within. it can be expressed in what you do, how you present yourself to the outside world,. for me, I think this begins from childhood, when you start to understand that the world is not yours. once you can understand you have to share, you should be able to understand that you are equal to other children. I think that is where self worth begins, marie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I agree with you SuperGranny