+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    This could be a topic I might have too much to share. hugs, Marie.
    Go for it! I doubt one could offend anyone with how they gain self-worth - it's an individual thing.

I guess right now I'm just trying to 'check' my thinking and seeing if I can change it. I haven't worked in several years and I wouldn't be in demand in my field unless the employer knew me, am overweight from miscarriages and recently giving birth, have no clothes to wear, go nowhere and don't really feel all that valued or my opinion respected by my husband. I guess right now my kids are my rock.
    Last edited by Little Ted; 28-08-2014 at 11:54.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (11-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi little Ted. Your body is just your car- to get you around. It's not who you are.

A psychologist once got me to write down my values on a piece of paper in a column on the left, and then write down on the right what I am doing in my life to practice those values or what I am doing which actually goes against the values. It's really simple but really helps to feel good about how you are conducting yourself and gives a good way to see what you might like to change or to congratulate yourself for holding up your values.

Might be worth a try?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to made2bAmummy For This Useful Post:

ABigDeepBreath  (28-08-2014),BH-KatiesMum  (28-08-2014),Koarlo  (28-08-2014),Little Ted  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My work. I leave knowing that no matter how horrible the shift was, or how nasty my coworkers can be, that I have made a small difference in someone's day.

At home, I'm working on that.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    from within

I am a good person. I am worthwhile, loveable, and deserve to be happy.

I respect and care about others - and I expect that my friends and family will respect and care about me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

made2bAmummy  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I have very low seld worth. I try to be a good person and to do all I can to help people. But I still dont understand why my husband loves me or why my friends do etc. Especially when someone hurts me, I dont stand up for myself because I always feel like everything is always my fault somehow.

Its something ive always struggled with but moreso in the last 6 years.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

made2bAmummy  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by made2bAmummy View Post
    Hi little Ted. Your body is just your car- to get you around. It's not who you are.

A psychologist once got me to write down my values on a piece of paper in a column on the left, and then write down on the right what I am doing in my life to practice those values or what I am doing which actually goes against the values. It's really simple but really helps to feel good about how you are conducting yourself and gives a good way to see what you might like to change or to congratulate yourself for holding up your values.

Might be worth a try?
    Sounds good - might give it a crack. It's probably just a combination of a few things being '"yuck" at once and being stuck at home just after birth and all. DH made a financial decision nearly two years ago against my wishes which I'm trying to let go of but because it affects our day-to-day living it makes it hard. He's a lovely guy, great father - just a selfish decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find the whole self worth thing very difficult. I am somewhat a perfectionist and anything less than that makes me feel like a failure

I usually find it in my job (wherever or whatever that may be) because I feel useful and like I am achieving something. That said, if I stuff something up I feel worthless.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    My self worth.

I get it from knowing who I am and What I am.

Accepting that what I see as worthy might not be what other see and that's okay. My body and how I present myself (clothing and make up etc, whether I work or don't etc.. have absolutely nothing to do with my worth.

My worth is in that their is no out there that could be me. No one could do or say or be exactly who I am. That I was put here in this very spot to be me in all my craziness.

Edited to add.

I don't believe that clothes or job or your size defines you therefore they don't affect your worth.

If they did a rich woman would be worth more than a child struggling to live in a rubbish dump. And that it just a piece of cr@p.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 28-08-2014 at 22:11.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Silver flute  (12-09-2014)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    What a good question. My self-worth has been battered at and chipped away by others over the last couple of years. But it still remains, standing resolute, tall and strong against the onslaught. I've often wondered why. I'm not as attractive as I was. I'm tired all the time and disillusioned with the world, so not as patient and positive as I was. I am deeply flawed. I lack so much.

I think what it comes down to for me is a phrase from one of my bestest most favourite Beatles albums: 'and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make'. I am full of love. Chock full. Despite being anti-social, and introverted, and sarcastic, if I'm your friend I will love you deeply and hard and forever. I love my friends. I love my family. I loved/love my ex, despite everything. I love my students. And when you give love, you generally receive love, and it's just an endless cycle. I feel good for throwing my love out there into this scary world, and I feel great when I am loved in return.

Sorry for the trippy hippy answer. I even surprised myself there :-)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Firstly, DP. He makes me feel important, loved and respected.

Secondly, at work. I wish I could say that about being a parent but I just didn't feel it when I was a SAHM. I do feel important to my kids though, there's just not as much positive feedback from them.