+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Healthy food ideas

What I weigh now I can not even call baby weight as baby will be 2 in December. I'd love suggestions for some quick and easy healthy food ideas, I really want to lose some weight, at least 10kgs but I am finding it really difficult.

I tend to eat the kids left overs and I snack on crap when I'm hungry. I know this needs to stop!

Please help!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think the best thing for you to do is start a weekly meal plan. That will help prevent bad choices, finishing the leftovers and snacking on junk.
    Actually write out a daily/weekly menu and plan ahead, ie; make what you can the night before so it's ready and you really have no excuse.

As for meals, my go to weight loss foods are things like:
    *boiled eggs on brown toast with avocado instead of butter. Mix it up, add mushrooms, tomatoes etc.
    *oats/weetbix with skim milk
    (lunches and dinners): grilled chicken breast is my favourite. Coat it in cajun seasoning, put it in a wrap with salad, use Greek yoghurt as a dressing.
    Stop using white bread/pasta/rice and switch to wholemeal.
    Cut out all sugary soft drinks and juices.
    I did this a year ago and lost over 15kg and kept it off until quite recently, I really let the bad habits sneak their way back in and now I'm around 5kgs above my goal weight.
    I'm currently doing a detox diet and next week plan on going back to my healthy eating plan because I know that fad diets don't work in the long run.
    I don't really like exercise but made myself take a brisk, hour long walk every day when I was losing weight. Good luck

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 27-08-2014 at 13:14.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thankyou that is some very good advice good luck with your 5kgs!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (28-08-2014)