+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Uniquey View Post
    We have this one: http://www.nespresso.com/au/en/produ...ion-red-EN520R

I love it as it is so easy when you're not a Barista, just put the water in the back, milk in the front, pod in, choose your coffee type and press a button! The best bit is the self-cleaning, so easy to do.

Pods can be a pain as they're only stocked in Nespresso stores or online, but I usually stock up anyway and I love Christmas time when they release their limited edition flavours. I have found other brand pods which are compatible with this machine and they have a hot chocolate one which is great, as Nespresso as far as I'm away, still don't do chocolate.
    I've never seen this one...I think I'll be getting this when our other one finally dies!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (27-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Uniquey View Post
    Just out of curiosity, which milk frothers are the ones burning milk?
    Mines the one on the nespresso Citiz. This one: http://www.nespresso.com/au/en/produ...black-EN266BAE

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (27-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We don't use our milk frother/heater cause we had burning issues, we just heat the milk in the microwave now... If I had to replace ours I wouldn't bother with the milk part.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (27-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    Mines the one on the nespresso Citiz. This one: http://www.nespresso.com/au/en/produ...black-EN266BAE
    Mines this one aswell.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (27-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I have this one and never had any trouble with milk burning. I've had mine for about a year and a half, and I love it.

It's used daily, sometimes several times a day. I think it's a nice tasting coffee. So easy to use too which is what I want in the morning when I'm trying to function before I've had my caffeine

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    We don't use our milk frother/heater cause we had burning issues, we just heat the milk in the microwave now... If I had to replace ours I wouldn't bother with the milk part.
    same

but I LOVE my nespresso.

FearlessLeader is online now Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Please, please don't get a pod one. They are a disgraceful invention that are awful for the environment. Honestly, it's two tiny extra steps to use an espresso machine and you're not throwing all those horrible pods in the bin. And even if some are recyclable, they are still being produced, packaged, shipped, etc.
    for a tiny bit of convenience you're hurting the earth a whole lot.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

IvyRain  (27-08-2014),Sonja  (27-08-2014)

FearlessLeader is online now Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I have to agree with @FearlessLeader I'm afraid. Coffee pods are like the tampax of coffee machines to me (in terms of unnecessary wastage when you could achieve the same result without the packaging).

We have a manual machine and it is so easy once you are properly shown.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Legeyt View Post
    Having looked at quite a few & speaking w a number of coffee snob friends would you believe the one we went with was the aldi one?!
    If you buy a nespresso or any other brand it's like crack ...you HAVE to but only their pods - except that the aldi pods also fit the nespresso machine so you can have the more expensive looking machine but not be roped into buying their pods. Also the aldi pods are as nice as the more expensive ones.
    The Aldi pods don't fit the nespresso machine. I bought some but they are too big.

Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemum34 View Post
    I don't mind my nespresso except I've lost one of the little milk frother things.
    And... Milk seems to burn in one spot in the frother which is weird and irritating!
    I notice Gloria jeans has pods now but not sure which machines they're suitable for.
    I think we sent our nespresso up incorrectly for short and long cup because it's never completely right. But it's convenient and once you find a flavour you like it's pretty good
    I did the same thing with set up but discovered you can restore factory settings. Its in the booklet.

I have a nespresso at home and I made my office but one as soon as I got it

We've had both of them for over 5 years. The office one gets used a minimum of 30 times a day and it is still going strong!

I agree about the milk burning onto the milk frother though. Annoying. You have to make sure it's super clean before anyone uses it next, and you can't make one directly after the other without washing it or it will burn on and stop working properly. That's my only gripe with it though, otherwise, it's awesome! I even make hot chocolates in the milk frother
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BH-KatiesMum View Post
    same

but I LOVE my nespresso.
    I contacted Nespresso when my milk frother ended up with a burn mark and they gave me a reply paid address to send it back to and they sent me out a new one. Might be worth a call.

OP, I like our Nespresso machine. The coffee is admittedly not as good as the coffee I get at my favourite café, but it certainly does the job. If you do get a machine it will come with 16 different sample pods. Take note of each one as to whether or not you like it (at the time you have it) so you know what pods to order. Out of the 16 pods, I usually order the same 5 pods.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (27-08-2014),TheGooch  (27-08-2014)