+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week

Default Nespresso/coffee machines

I'm wanting to get one of these for me, erm, I mean for DH for Fathers Day so need to do some research.
    What do you have?
    Is it a pod type one?
    Do you love/hate it?
    How much (roughly) did it cost?
    TIA!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (27-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Having looked at quite a few & speaking w a number of coffee snob friends would you believe the one we went with was the aldi one?!
    If you buy a nespresso or any other brand it's like crack ...you HAVE to but only their pods - except that the aldi pods also fit the nespresso machine so you can have the more expensive looking machine but not be roped into buying their pods. Also the aldi pods are as nice as the more expensive ones.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Legeyt For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (27-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I firstly bough a grinder and an espresso machine (a breville) I found it too manual and took to long to make the coffee so I bought a nespresso and love it! So quick and easy and I can buy flavored pods. I would definitely recommend a nespresso machine

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have a Cafeitaly (sp) pod machine and its ok. I much prefer the taste of coffee in my Bodum plunger and I think the pods are expensive so I don't use it much but DH does before work. It also needs cleaning out after every use or it starts to smell disgusting so not really a time saver for me compared to the plunger.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Heids89 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a nespresso machine and didn't like it. Just not the same or as nice as I like, but I think I'm in the minority

10. The Following User Says Thank You to IvyRain For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a MAP Bella which is a caffitaly system but more attractive than the cheap ones you can get at woolies etc, with changeable colour faceplates.

I had to replace it when I tried Aldi pods in it and jammed my old one. It was about $80 for a new one direct from MAP with a bonus faceplate.

Note, if you want to use Aldi pods, get an Aldi machine. They are the same shape and size as the Caffitaly pods but Aldi has the filter in the machine whereas the Caffitaly system has a filter system inside the pod itself. (I got this info from the very helpful people at MAP.)

I'm happy with it, especially now more brands are bringing out compatible capsules (Twinings Tea, Gloria Jeans, Lavazza, Woolworths). Plus I prefer to give nestle as little of my money as possible.

ETA: I would have a manual machine but I can't tamp properly to save myself! If you're thinking of going manual, have a play with someone else's first to see if you can actually make a decent coffee in it.
    Last edited by Stretched; 27-08-2014 at 10:03.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have both a manual machine(mine) and a nespresso (dh's) we both like mine better but the nespresso is still a good machine.
    We have the nespresso U Milk by Delonghi. Was around $230 when we got it.
    Its quite easy to use.
    It fits both nespresso and some supermarket pods and some tea pods too

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kezanazz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DH initially had a proper espresso/manual coffee machine which he enjoyed the coffee from, but was a lot of effort for one person (I don't drink coffee). It was a pain to have to clean it all after making one coffee. I got him a nespresso for Christmas last year and he loves it. He's a true coffee snob, so I was very surprised when he came home one day and admitted he didn't mind nespresso coffee. He'd had a massive internal struggle with this haha. We have a pixie machine (I think) and it has a separate milk frother, which suits me as I can make my hot chocolate whenever I like. It also has a small footprint so doesn't take up much space on our bench and is easy to clean. Is also small enough to be portable so we can take it with us if we want to when we go away.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1409098087.128930.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1409098112.010800.jpg

16. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a saeco pod machine. Can't remember the name of it atm. But it's one of the pretty coloured ones

It's a honey trap cause we end up spending $20/fn and a special trip to Harvey Norman each time to get the pods.
    I wish we went with the aldi machine so we could just get them with our weekly shopping. Or a bean machine so we could not worry about teeny tiny little pods and all the extra plastic and having to use two of them cause I like a strong coffee.

So next time- we will get a bean machine with a grinder/ bean canister inside the machine and an option to change the strength or the fineness of the grind on the machine so both of us can make our preference strength easier.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MadeWithLove For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've got a Nespresso U and a manual lever one called presso/ROK. We love them both! You can take ROK for camping etc too ROK was just under $200. You will also need a good grinder too

uploadfromtaptalk1409099059821.jpg

*Edited to add price.
    Last edited by peonies; 27-08-2014 at 10:54.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to peonies For This Useful Post: