+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I read the OP as it would ruin her holiday meaning she would know and couldn't do anything about it. If she can apply then yes you should tell her (or at least you didn't ruin her holiday by telling her).
    Yes this, too ^

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post

BUT, having said that, if this were a very close friend of mine, I don't think I'd be able to hold back, simply for the fact that I'd actually be really peeved and hurt along with her and we'd need to vent about the company together

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    My thoughts exactly, which is why I thought it was lovely of the OP because I figure if someone went to all the trouble to tell me when I am on holidays about a position I have been wanting is advertised (knowing I wouldn't know), then I figure they have my best interests at heart and we must be 'friends' at least, and to have someone to vent and/or bounce ideas off with some support, is a good thing which I think would outweigh my disappointment of being told on holidays (If I were disappointed).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I would want to be told so that I had the opportunity to apply.

It does sound as though they have done it on purpose :thumbdown:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    If it were me I'd want to know, but I'm just that sort of person. The truth is always more important than a lie or sugar coating it.

If I were your friend I was be very annoyed and would be taking it as a sign to move on. Given she has expressed the urge to take this position for some time, then they lodge an external ad when she went on holidays seemed very contrived to me. Clearly they don't think she is the right person for the job or they would have saved themselves the time and cost of advertising externally. Why would you if you felt you already had an employee suitable?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That is what I thought Meredith...even if I really wanted a job at work, unless it was the same level as mine and I could apply for a transfer, they have to advertise externally all permanent positions.