+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Gender disappointment with #3.... When you already have one of each??

I feel so stupid and annoyed with myself. I have one beautiful daughter and one adorable son. My DS is so gorgeous in fact that he is the sole reason I decided to have a third child. He is growing up before my eyes and I felt shattered, I knew I needed to have one more baby! When DH and I were TTC I honestly didn't have one thought about a preference for gender. Going into the 20 week scan I was excited to find out what we were having. I felt like it was going to be a girl because it felt like a similar pregnancy to DD, but even still I didn't feel that I really had a preference either way. We even had the perfect boys name picked so I was happy to find out that we were in fact having another little boy. And then I left the scan and suddenly felt this weird pit in my stomach. I suddenly realised I'm never going to have another daughter. I promptly started sorting through all DDs clothes to either give away or sell, and I started bawling (I'm embarrassed to admit), that I would never get to put another little girl into these clothes. By the next day I felt better, and most days I feel great, but then last week my best friend found out she was having a girl and I felt sad all over again. What on earth is happening to me?????? Is it pregnancy hormones? I can't seem to get a grip it's madness. This little boy is so wanted and I know I'll adore him and it's hard to explain but it's not that I don't want him, but it's like I'm sad for something I didn't realise I even wanted, another girl. Has anyone ever felt like this before? I'm so frustrated with myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I get it. This was me with my 5th. I was sure he was a girl. I was so shocked when he was born.
    I love him and his little brother that came after him.
    I still grieve not having another little girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    we are ttc#3 and we are not finding out. we dd with the other two and before the scans i always knew. dh and i have said we would love another little girl, but would be really happy with a boy as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerKat View Post
    I feel so stupid and annoyed with myself. I have one beautiful daughter and one adorable son. My DS is so gorgeous in fact that he is the sole reason I decided to have a third child. He is growing up before my eyes and I felt shattered, I knew I needed to have one more baby! When DH and I were TTC I honestly didn't have one thought about a preference for gender. Going into the 20 week scan I was excited to find out what we were having. I felt like it was going to be a girl because it felt like a similar pregnancy to DD, but even still I didn't feel that I really had a preference either way. We even had the perfect boys name picked so I was happy to find out that we were in fact having another little boy. And then I left the scan and suddenly felt this weird pit in my stomach. I suddenly realised I'm never going to have another daughter. I promptly started sorting through all DDs clothes to either give away or sell, and I started bawling (I'm embarrassed to admit), that I would never get to put another little girl into these clothes. By the next day I felt better, and most days I feel great, but then last week my best friend found out she was having a girl and I felt sad all over again. What on earth is happening to me?????? Is it pregnancy hormones? I can't seem to get a grip it's madness. This little boy is so wanted and I know I'll adore him and it's hard to explain but it's not that I don't want him, but it's like I'm sad for something I didn't realise I even wanted, another girl. Has anyone ever felt like this before? I'm so frustrated with myself.

Yep, I totally get it, i would have been shattered if my third was a boy, even though I adore my son soooo much, it wouldn't have made any sense. Luckily she was a girl but I totally understand OP, big big hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies ladies, glad to know I'm not totally losing the plot