+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Where to now? EBF and approaching 1st bday.

Hi BubHubbers. We're approaching DD's 1 yr bday and we EBF. She is fed to sleep for her 2 naps and bed time. We're down to about 4 feeds a day and 1-2 overnight (usually 1). I just want to know where to go from now in terms of:
    1) starting cow's milk. She tolerates cows milk fine with porridge/cereal so far.
    2) sleep - am I going to have to give her a nudge to stop her feeding to sleep or will she grow out of it?

I am not super keen to wean ASAP as b'feeding doesn't take up too much of my time anymore unlike the first few months, and finally it's become reasonably effortless (my left side took 10 or 11 mths to not be sore with most feeds!) I'm also worried about her transition to not feeding to sleep - I'm not in a big rush to stop her feeding to sleep, but i know it's gotta stop sometime. I guess i would just like to see if anyone has advice on what I can expect from here on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DS was EBF until 13 months. We transitioned him to formula though.

He just grew out of feeding to sleep.

We moved on to cows milk at around 2 years old and after a short time he decided milk wasn't for him and hasn't touched it since (unfortunately).

Well done on EBF for so long

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you. Honestly the first 6 mths were hard with frequent feedings, now she's only feeding around 5 times in 24 hrs and it's just a chill out time for me. I'm just hoping she'll grow out of feeding to sleep too.
    Any more perspectives?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 20 month old is still ebf but has cows milk with cereal etc. she still feeds to sleep of a night and regularly throughout the day. She just loves it so much!

If you're not in a rush to wean then just continue to enjoy the experience. I believe in self weaning my babies. DD1 weaned 1 week before her 2nd birthday, DD2 was 11 months and I cannot foresee DD3 giving it up anytime soon. If you both continue to enjoy it, keep going as you are and if/when it becomes an issue you can gradually start to cut feeds out as you please

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

Piyamj  (27-08-2014)