+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Exclamation Clomid - help

Hi all,

So, I was found to have PCOS recently (as I had not had a period since Dec. 2013). I had lots of little cysts on both my ovaries. I was prescribed Clomid which I took 50mg once a day for 5 days. After this, I had a blood test and it looked like I may have ovulated. I then proceeded to get very bad cramps in my ovaries and rushed back to have another blood test. Results were that I had ovulated. I was relieved. It has been 2-3 weeks since I finished the Clomid and I still have no period (but still mild cramps). I took a pregnancy test this morning and it was positive. I am going back to the doctor for another blood test this arvo to confirm. I am worried as these cramps are still around and are occasionally quite bad that something is wrong. I am so freaked out. Aren't there higher chances of miscarriage as I have used Clomid? Could I be having a false pregnancy/could the "pee stick" be wrong??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Doubt the pee-stick is wrong. Congratulations. As per every pregnant woman, let doctor know if you are experiencing great discomfort. Always good to be mindful of possibility of ectopic pregnancy with any pregnancy. I used to always get great discomfort around ovulation and cramping through my whole mid section whilst on clomid. Had 11 rounds, 2 clomid babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds to me like you have a baby on board - Congratulations. I had bad cramping (on and off for the 1st 12 weeks) and spotting after my missed period and now have a crazy 14 month old. Always best to have things double checked but sounds pretty good to me!