Closed Thread
Page 77 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for checking in @Kelly70 - are are you feeling over the weekend. I'm thinking of you for the scan tomorrow.

On paper things went well, but when you break it down, I'm in just going to have to wait and see.

In 2 days, my follies did the following (fingers crossed Kelly70 that in four days yours do similar or even better!)
    16mm > 19/20mm, 9mm > 14mm, 8mm > 13mm, 7mm > 12mm, 6mm > 9mm, 6mm > 6mm (yes we have a lazy one), Lining FINALLY improved a whopping 2mm - 30 4.1mm > 6mm

And a few tiny new follies cropped up, but there is NO chance they will catch up. Sharing all this in detail for anyone reading along who is about to start IVF - I wish I'd seen all this kind of detail in the past so hope it is helpful.

On paper it looks good in terms of follicle numbers, but the big issue is the space between the sizes. According to FS the lead follicle is the one nature selects and pushes forward, so it's the one with the best chance of quality. So she is really concerned that we don't lose it. She was all ready to trigger yesterday for EPU tomorrow morning (EEK) but the advantage of Sat morning was she wasn't in a rush so we talk it through really well.

Final results - we are scanning again tomorrow morning but 99% committed to triggering tomorrow night for EPU Wed. As a general rule, my follies don't seem to like letting go of an egg under 20mm, but she doesn't want the lead getting past 25/26mm, so I'm taking a gamble. I could get anything from 0 - 5 and 5 is extremely unlikely.

Next news is that the PGD question was moot as to get the trigger right on follicle size, I've missed the testing dates for this week. So I have the choice of freezing and testing later or just going for it. We've agreed that if I'm lucky enough to get 1 or 2 embryos to day 3 we're going to go for it.

So a lot to be grateful for, but also a lot that can go wrong and so big decisions that I've had to make on my own which was tough. I'm struggling with positive, so I'm just sticking with I'm so grateful to have a shot this cycle at anything and the rest is in the hands of fate. Good luck int the morning - I'm so anxious to hear. Menopur is half and half FSH and LH so I'm hoping the higher dose revved those follies up - it certainly seems to do the trick for me over straight FSH.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (26-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jem70 hopefully a few of the smaller ones catch up it would be really great to see you going to transfer with 2 strong embryos. Will you put both back in if there are 2?
    If I knew when I started what I know now about IVF; lining, follicle growth etc I think I would have bee saved some heart ache. Maybe we should write a book!
    @Kelly70 I know exactly how you feel getting that news about your bff, you are super happy for them but heartbroken for yourself.
    I will have everything crossed for you for your scan tomorrow, I really hope there has been some positive growth.

AFM I have had a few nice days away from the world of IVF. A few occasions I have laughed and smiled and yesterday I went nearly 24 hrs without crying. I am usually a fairly strong resilient person so my behaviour over the last week has been quiet a shock. I am off to Melbourne mid week for work and I have worked some retail therapy into my schedule, I am going to find myself a 40th Birthday present that reminds me what a big 12 months I have had.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littlesparrow74 For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (26-10-2014),Kelly70  (26-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @littlesparrow74

I know I should be grateful to have hope, and I am, but I must admit part of the reason I am struggling is that I don't think I can do this again. Never say never and I will certainly take a few months to think about it, but as of today, I'm feeling this might just be my last shot. I'm so glad you are spoiling yourself - I don't think there is enough retail therapy to truly make up for everything we go through but I think we should all try to find out

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (26-10-2014),littlesparrow74  (26-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Jem70 - I think that sounds pretty good and likely you'll get more than one egg from that batch - looking forward to seeing how your EPU goes. You'll transfer 2 embies if you get them? I hear you in terms of this maybe being your last shot - I am definitely done for this year if this one goes nowhere. This cycle has been a struggle not just mentally, but yeah, physically. My body needs a break. I'm fairly certain I'll try again next year with Lynn, if she'll let me, but I'm not sure I would if I wasn't under her, with my amh and age issue.
    It's been so great having you along for this ride girl, I have to say, being identical ages, makes it easier having that support. Fingers crossed for us both!

@littlesparrow74 - good work getting back out there and doing some nice things for you. You know we all totally relate to and understand your heartbreak. I have to say though - you still have such a great chance of success, you're a bit younger and I reckon you'll crack that golden egg soon. In terms of a 40th birthday pressie for yourself, I have one word for you - Tiffany!!!!! You deserve it lady.

@ScubaGal, how you travelling hon?

AFM: feeling resolved on this cycle now - if they haven't grown, I'm happy to cancel. I desperately want to get off these drugs and have a break. Of course I'm secretly hoping the follies have expanded and that there will be 3-4 follies tomorrow at 12mm or more, but chances are slim I think. I think my dose of Menopur was too gentle and they have peaked too late. Even if they are 12mm and on their way, I'll have been stimming 21 days or something by Monday, will the quality be compromised? Who knows.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (26-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jem that follie haul sounds promising, it would be a great way to end the year if it all goes well.

Kelly, I understand needing that break after the negative results and emotional turmoil. I really hope the extra days of stimming and higher dose helps grow those follies.

Sparrow re. Retail therapy I bought myself a Tiffany's bracelet when I had my third BFN in a row. It's the think chained one with the heart charm and I wear it to death still !!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Helsbaby For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (26-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hah - Hels, great minds re Tiffany - I have a necklace with a starfish charm on it that work gave me when I left after 9 years, it's not left my neck in 4 years. I have a bracelet too but I struggle getting it off and on with one hand so I've not worn it much.

Any updates on baby Angie, sleeping, feeding, is mum still helping out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like we are all cast from the same stone ladies. Tiffany is very high on my list of wants/needs. I have a pair of earrings I bought in Hawaii as a graduation present to myself 3 years ago and I think it is time they had a friend. Hell I have thrown away $1000s of dollars already what's another grand?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kel, she's doing great and growing fast. She won't fit in the bassinet soon she's getting so long ! Her sleeping patterns are not consistent sometimes she sleeps on during the day and sometimes she's awake for hours. Hard to entertain a 4 week old though lol. Lucky she sleeps well at night. My mum is still here and is being a great help. The newborn stage really is a 2 man job hey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @littlesparrow74 go for it - as you say, what's another $1000
    @Kelly70 FS has said I can do 2 at transfer if I want - the likelihood of both taking is lower than winning the lotto and if it did, she still feels physically I could handle it. I'm not holding my breath - I know how this works - if I can get one to transfer it will be enough of a miracle! What time is your scan tomorrow morning?
    @Helsbaby yes numbers are good - maturity is up in the air, so I'm just going to be grateful if I get something. Sounds like you're settling in with Angie really well. Hopefully in a few weeks her sleep patterns will be a bit more consistent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scan at 9:45am @Jem70 and I'm looking forward to getting it over with. Def looking fwd to getting off the drugs in the event of cancellation. This has been one loooooooong freaking cycle. What time is yours?