Closed Thread
Page 73 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You too @Jem70!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with your scans today Kelly and Jem.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helsbaby For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (23-10-2014),Kelly70  (23-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best for your scans today @Kelly70 and @Jem70!

And thanks to all you lovely ladies who have given me encouragement over the last few days. I'm incredibly nervous but who wouldn't be, right?

I'm in Vanuatu on a short holiday right now with one of my oldest friends. Lots of swimming, eating, laughing, chilling, soaking up the beautiful surrounds....hopefully the relaxation will prepare me mentally and physically somewhat for what's ahead.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Penny75 For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (23-10-2014),Kelly70  (23-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Good Luck Girls!!!! ☺xoxo

@Helsbaby: All good here..illiana is 8 wks old today ☺

@Kelly70: I substitute a $ for a an S. Then I can spew forth with the profanity undetected!!πŸ˜€ For eg. $hit or pi$$ me off!! πŸ˜‰

Be looking out for your updates!! xoxo

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (23-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pretty bland update from me. After 3 more days my lead follice is at 16mm but everything else is worryingly slow - 16, 6, 6 on one side, 9, 8, 7 on the other. Lining still just 4.1. Given my history of having empty follicles I'm very nervous. Another scan now on Sat. It's the nature of this game - I've done everything right and added a billon supplements and I seem to be going backwards. Hard not to feel a little down but I'm going to park it until sat and hope the other 5 start growing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littlesparrow74 View Post
    @Nereid I am with Bill as well and have a lot of faith and trust in him. I have found him to be thorough and I know he keeps up with the latest research. I haven't spoken to him about PGD but it is something I would consider given the number of failed transfers I've had, I don't think TasIVF do it though.

I am in the process of trying to decide if I go for another stim and fresh transfer in January of if I go for one of my frozen embryos. Is fresh best or do I get my body in the best possible shape, no drugs, hormones etc and hope one of the 3 frosties is the golden egg?
    Thanks @littlesparrow74, I've only heard good things about Bill too and he seems like a lovely, dedicated man. The only thing that concerns me a little is that he is so busy, but I guess that's par for the course. The nurses have suggested I try to discuss things with him during transfers, but I feel like that's a time for being calm and positive rather than asking questions about what might go wrong! He made a passing comment about my c-section scar last time, I didn't have the heart to ask him more about it under those circumstances, but of course its been haunting me ever since.

Best of luck with your decision making. I remember reading that older women have a slightly better chance with frosties as they need to be strong to survive to transfer. We are so lucky to have 7 left but I don't know anything about their quality.

@Jem70 @Kelly70 Best of the best luck with your scans today

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nereid For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (23-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear that @Jem70. It's understandable you're feeling down. Take care of yourself, and I'll be thinking of you and hoping for better results on saturday x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nereid For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (23-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah my results are mixed as well. At first I was elated as I now have 4 follies on my left!! 4, omg, that's amazing for me! But the 2 bigger ones are only at 8mm which means one had grown a couple of mms but the other one hasn't grown at all. The 2 newies are less than 7mm. Nurse mentioned again canceling - I've asked her to talk to Lynn about increasing my meds and trying to grow them, I'm only on 300iu Menopur a night, it's a low dose for an oldie. They are going to call me this arvo. Argh.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (23-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    Yeah my results are mixed as well. At first I was elated as I now have 4 follies on my left!! 4, omg, that's amazing for me! But the 2 bigger ones are only at 8mm which means one had grown a couple of mms but the other one hasn't grown at all. The 2 newies are less than 7mm. Nurse mentioned again canceling - I've asked her to talk to Lynn about increasing my meds and trying to grow them, I'm only on 300iu Menopur a night, it's a low dose for an oldie. They are going to call me this arvo. Argh.
    Surely that many follies is a brilliant result...?? Looking forward to hearing the update this arvo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jem and Kel don't feel bad, wait till the bloods come back only then you will know if the follicles have eggs in them and you can decide them with your FS. With my last cycle when I only had 2 follicles, after 18 days of stimming one was 18mm and the other was 16mm. The nurse told me that my options were to cancel or wait for the bloods and see what FS says. The bloods came and FS said to go to egg collection and so I did. Of 2 follicles I only got one egg and that was Angie. Early last year my second cycle was the best I had in terms of ivf performance, I got 8 follicles and 8 eggs out of it. They were all useless !! Only got 2 embryos out of 8 and neither stuck !

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helsbaby For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (23-10-2014),Nereid  (23-10-2014)