Closed Thread
Page 71 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Question for you girls: do you maintain your normal exercise or any exercise at all when you are stimming? For some reason the exercise part of my brain switches off as soon as I start injecting. It's definitely related to the tiredness the stimming causes, however there's also a sense of needing to be gentle with the bod for me. Starting to think maybe pushing through the tiredness and doing some exercise - yoga class, walks etc would be a better idea. I dunno.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 I try to get at least a 30-45 min walk and some yoga/stretching every other day through stimming and after transfer (gentle walking only after transfer) I find it does help to clear the head and make me feel a bit more normal. Just be careful not to do too much twisting while your ovaries are swollen as you can twist them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to littlesparrow74 For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70, I've been told not to do my usual exercise routine while stimming, and just stick to walking and yoga or pilates. No running or doing anything which would increase body temp (bad for ovaries) or too much bouncing around (can lead to twisting/torsion as @littlesparrow74 pointed out). Gentle walking after transfer OK, but I generally take a week off after EPU, then get back into it.

Sorry to hear you had a bad day, hope the brain fog clears soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay. My bad day just got worse. My brain is clearly totally switched off. I just realized that I injected my orgalutran and hgh tonight at 8:15 instead of my Menopur. So I've had 2 lots of orgalutran and hgh today. I just injected my Menopur but now I'm worried I've messed up my cycle not to mention will I be okay with 2 doses of those medications in my system tonight. Aaaaargh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't panic @Kelly70 - it's much less of an issue to take early than late. I had to take it 3 hours early one day and the nurses told me it's not a big deal at all. It's only job is to block lh.

take the orgalutan as normal again this morning and just go back to normal

i assume hgh is not the same strict 24 hours? If it was me I would just treat it as an early dose and go back to normal tomorrow.

We've all stuffed our meds up - don't be hard on yourself. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    I think that's really brave @Biscotti71
    I don't have any familiarity with how you might feel going through that journey but I do think there's a huge amount that happens when you grow a baby inside you in terms of real connection and I think if you use a DE, the moment you see that take home baby or feel it kick it wouldn't matter where the genetic material came from good for you
    Thanks Hun, you're right. A decade ago I had a stillborn little girl and those feelings and connections you describe are so true. I've recovered enough from that horror & although I thought I could never go through pregnancy again - here I am out the other side - ready - my eggs or not!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelly I stuffed up my hgh once too - put it in a Gonal f pen instead of omnitrope, rang my very unimpressed fs who said it doesn't matter in the slightest, so no need to stress. Just take your I egalitarian today as normal - a little extra of that will be fine, it's missing it that would be a problem. You poor thing! Hope you have a better day today 😊

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (22-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Biscotti71 you are amazing. X0

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (22-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    Haha we think you're pretty rad too @ScubaGal!
    @Biscotti71 - DE is such a big decision - I would probably head down that path if I had a man - if it were half his genetic material that would be enough for me. And how wonderful would it be to achieve a pregnancy relatively easily too, with less chance of miscarriage. As a single, I don't think I could do it but with a loved one like you have, different story. Big hugs to you brave lady.
    @Jem70 - how did your scan go today??

AFM - second scan today (monash scan every 3 days) - the 2 follies have grown a little - now at 6mm and 8mm. Lining 2.8. Scanner said not much happening on the right so I'm wondering if it will stay quiet now. I'm stimming on same dose Menopur til thurs, then scan again. Nurse said something about maybe canceling Thurs if they haven't grown but I am sure they'll grow a bit! I've decided if they are growing and looking ok I'm going to insist on EPU as I don't want to do a 5th medicated cycle this year. I want a couple months off like Sparrow.. Mind body and finances need a break.
    Thanks Kel,
    You are spot on about what it means to grow a child made up of half his genetic material - that kid would belong to us in the same way as a 100% contribution would. The only thing i have reservations about is I am very intelligent, extremely good looking and extraordinarily funny. How the hell do I find someone with all that in her DEs?!! Lol.

Good luck with the growing of those follies - e2 is an indicator to keep an eye out for too when considering EPU action- I'll be waiting to see what happens and cheering madly for you xx

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Biscotti71 For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (22-10-2014),Kelly70  (22-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixjc View Post
    Ah Biscotti - this ivf is a rotten old journey hey. I'm so sorry your last cycle wasn't successful. As everyone says, DE is big step funnily enough, its not neccessarily a HARD step ... I moved to DE after 6 failed (1 embryo = 1 ectopic, no frosties) OE cycles.

I was relieved to have the pressure taken off me to produce eggs, and was excited about so significantly increasing my prospects with DE (it improved to 60-80%).I kept saying I would rather have my husbands baby than no baby at all.And I still mean that.What is hard is when people don’t realise just how difficult DE can be.It is not just a matter of having the DE baby, loving that little munchkin and living happily ever after.It isn't "just the same". The DE conversation will be part of your life, and your babies life forever … every time the Doctor asks if there is a history of X in the family, when bubba asks about their background and where they got X characteristic from …When someone says “they don’t look at all like you do they!” … of course its always possible that we will still look alike, who knows!

So although moving to DE can take off pressure, there are challenges in other ways that you just need to be ready for. In my case, while I love the idea of trying another OE cycle (particularly if it were with Lynn!), in reality, DE is the way for us. My chances of coming up with another embryo given my woeful track record with IVF meds is practically zero. I’m so excited to meet our little bubba, and I know that what I haven’t contributed in DNA, I will more than compensate for in limitless love and care, and ferocious and endless support. This baby will never doubt how much he/she was wanted and how grateful we are to have him/her …DNA - pah! I’ve got ears like an elephant (but a great plastic surgeon) and a leg one inch shorter than the other, my DNA is quite overrated! But THIS baby, has the best of everything :-)
    If you have any questions about the donor path, feel free to ask. There are also a few other threads about donor eggs, some popular locations include Greece and South Africa. It’s great - you get a holiday and a baby (or two!) all in one trip! Big hug to you, good luck with your decision.

You are a star Vixjc! Thanks for all your wise and kind and supportive words xx
    We have certainly weighed up the pros and cons and it seems the way forward for us. I must admit there have been a few tears and the guilt of failure on my behalf that has been dealt with. I have the most amazing man in my life and would love a little more of him in this world. DNA from me would be great but I believe that it's more environment than DNA that really shapes us as we grow. Bonus!! The holiday thrown in seems wonderful too!! We've put some cash aside and are both ready to talk to the Doc and move forward.