Closed Thread
Page 68 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Penny75 you have come to the right place. This amazing bunch of women are one of the reasons I was able to get out of bed this morning. The support and encouragement are invaluable especially to someone going it alone. You sound exactly like me 12 months ago.
    The one piece of advice can offer is educate yourself as much as possible, ask for help and advice from those that have gone before you. I thought I knew what was ahead of me but was very naïve in hindsight. Hopefully we can help you long the way. I thought the pick up and transfer would be the difficult part but in reality it is the waiting, scans, waiting, bloods, waiting, stimming and more waiting that really wear you down. Sorry if I sound negative I am just giving you the advice I wish someone gave me exactly 12 months ago when I had my first appointment with my FS.
    Welcome and good luck with your journey.
    @Kelly70 great news with your scan today, did you have bloods done? Has your oestrogen increased?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littlesparrow74 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (20-10-2014),Penny75  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @littlesparrow74 I’ll definitely take your advice onboard and I'll be sure to ask lots of questions and seek advice from everyone here along the way. I have so little idea of what I’m in for, it feels like a huge leap of faith. You don’t sound negative at all, I welcome your first hand account and thank you for passing on what you wish you had known back when you started.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Penny75 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome @Penny75 - congratulations on taking the plunge now before you hit 40 - very smart move. You have a ton of resource and support in this group so well done for being brave and joining this thread! It took me a good couple of years before I felt really ready to go down this path so I think you've got your head around it pretty quickly, which is ideal. Beyond 40 it just becomes super hard. Have you had your amh and fsh tested yet?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Penny75  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @littlesparrow74 - I'll buzz the nurses tomorrow and ask what my e2 levels are. I wasn't game to ask after the first scan as my lining was still so thin and not much was happening. Still not a lot happening to be honest so I'm not sure it will be great just yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Penny75 - good on you for having the courage to give this a go!

I think it's brilliant you are doing this before 40. If you've read our stories, you already know how much tougher it gets from just a few years later.

I really wish I'd had the courage at 39 (when I first considered this) to freeze some embryos for future use - but that wasn't meant to be

When I started out, I was most worried about injecting myself. Sadly, as @LittleSparrow says, the reality is quite different. I find the waiting is the worst part - waiting to find out how many follicles, then eggs, then embryos, etc.

But I would say the collective experience is pretty incredible here - we have new mums, mums in progress, and the works in progress, so every stage of the journey is covered.

Good luck and look forward to chatting.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

Penny75  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 My vote is way too early to worry. Very slow cycles are sometimes the trick - just ask @Helsbaby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for welcoming me! I can honestly say that following the stories of the women here has contributed greatly to me feeling I am ready to pursue this path now – the bravery, acceptance of 'what is', support for each other and motivation that is evident here everyday is inspirational.
    @Kelly70 my amh has been tested and I was told it's 'normal' for someone my age. Not sure about fsh - so many things I still need to learn about.
    @Jem70 injecting myself is a worry. I'm shocking with needles. I'm also terrible with waiting...guess I'd best get myself prepared (although you never really can be) for both!

Looking forward to chatting more. I know it’s not going to be easy.

All the best for your scans this week @Kelly70 and @Jem70.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Penny75 For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Penny75 - normal amh for your age is a great start - means you most likely respond well to the meds. Don't worry about the injecting part, that will be the least of your worries once you master it! The first injection is the hardest too - give yourself a good half hour head start on the time you decide to inject - might take you a wee while to take the plunge! Once you do the first one, you'll be on your way.

Can you girls see this link?:
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...84045785005429

What are your thoughts?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Penny75  (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ignore the Roast part, I mean the Apple vid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    @Kelly70 I think it would create a false sense of security. Eggs don't freeze and thaw as well as embryos do and I could imagine women putting it off only to discover a different fertility issue down the track like MFI...

I think Apple could be a bit more progressive and just offer good maternity leave and childcare provisions.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (21-10-2014)