Closed Thread
Page 66 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Nereid we are pretty even split between singles and partnered here - most of us are over 40. And none of us look over 40
    @Kelly70 started the thread and I joined nearly four months ago. It's an amazing group of really sensitive and supportive women. Hope you stick around with us and sorry this has been a disappointment for you again this cycle.

Good luck with your second scan Kelly!

my first tomorrow but day 7. I really dread that first scan!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (20-10-2014),Kelly70  (20-10-2014),Nereid  (19-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Girls....am still on the sidelines watching you all. @LittleSparrow 74...I'm so sorry Luv, every BFN is truly a kick in the guts, it really is. Indulge to your hearts content I say as soon as your gastro bug pi$$es off!! xoxoxo

Good Luck to all you other lovely ladies!!

I've posted an update from my side in my usual thread in the over 40's DIG and some recent photo's of bub too if anyone wants to see. Been recovering from an appendix op that went wrong. Other than that all good Oh, Happy Belated Birthday to you too @Kelly 70. Was laid up in hospital, but thought of you in my drug induced haze!! LOL Hope you had a good onexo

@Helsbaby: I found the first month with bub to be exhausting..especially the first 2-3 weeks. Days and nights just blended into one sometimes, but it does get easier. My LO is now on 4 hrly feeds (had to stop BF a couple of weeks ago as I had supply issues unfortunately) for the most part but does 5-5.5 hrly regularly especially if she's had one of her big sleeps and she even occasionally goes 6 hrs between feeds and she's 7wks + 3 days today. Hang in there Luv

Sorry if I've upset anyone with the baby talk too, just wanted to let Helsbaby know it does get easier as time goes on.
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 19-10-2014 at 17:05.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (20-10-2014),littlesparrow74  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @LittleSparrow - I'm gutted for you and the BFN. All that effort, time, money and hope hasn't been a complete waste though. Pat yourself on the back and remind yourself of the amazing, strong woman you are and remember that there are only a few of us who summon the strength to:
    Jab ourselves with needles, eat so many vitamins & supplements we rattle, ride the highs and lows of artificially geared hormone rollercoasters, allow our hopes to rise with every new cycle, all the while living in an ivf world few outsiders will understand.
    A break is a good idea. Time to regroup and live a little off the hormones etc and enjoy life. Wishing you a wonderful time out hun.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Biscotti71 For This Useful Post:

littlesparrow74  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kel70 - good luck with this one hun, I've done various protocol with elonva (long acting) a couple of times. Will have to look back and see....
    My stubborn ovaries change from side to side with every cycle. According to the Doc that's normal response for every woman each cycle.
    Go two follies!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Biscotti71 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem70 View Post
    @Nereid we are pretty even split between singles and partnered here - most of us are over 40. And none of us look over 40
    Jem70 GOLD! But in all seriousness, I agree. I met Kelly70 on another thread about 450 Puregon mega doses then ended up here coz had a bit to chat about as far as slow, low responders go..... I have a man but that's been cool too. I feel we really are a lovely motley bunch of women!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Biscotti71 For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    AFM....have been thinking about going down the DE path. I'm ready to be a Mother goddamn it - even if not genetically linked.
    Bit sad and annoyed with my body and those daft ovaries.
    AF has arrived and just yuk.
    The only thing helping keep me level is exercise for now. It's as though I'm regaining control over my body slowly through demanding it performs the way I dictate! Pfft!
    Lol. Gotta go do a blood test and get my coin back as well..... Slack when I'm despondent.
    The clouds are lifting though - so shoes on and off I go!!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Biscotti71 For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (20-10-2014),Kelly70  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Biscotti71 View Post
    AFM....have been thinking about going down the DE path. I'm ready to be a Mother goddamn it - even if not genetically linked.
    Bit sad and annoyed with my body and those daft ovaries.
    AF has arrived and just yuk.
    The only thing helping keep me level is exercise for now. It's as though I'm regaining control over my body slowly through demanding it performs the way I dictate! Pfft!
    Lol. Gotta go do a blood test and get my coin back as well..... Slack when I'm despondent.
    The clouds are lifting though - so shoes on and off I go!!!
    I think that's really brave @Biscotti71
    I don't have any familiarity with how you might feel going through that journey but I do think there's a huge amount that happens when you grow a baby inside you in terms of real connection and I think if you use a DE, the moment you see that take home baby or feel it kick it wouldn't matter where the genetic material came from good for you

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (22-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much blonde, I have been reading your updates in the other over 40s thread.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Helsbaby For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Biscotti, I have total admiration for anyone thinking about the donor egg oath, you are the one who will grow the baby inside you and experience pregnancy so really you will feel that strong connection with the baby.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helsbaby For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (22-10-2014),ScubaGal  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Nereid View Post
    littlesparrow74, so sorry about your results, it sounds like you've had such a long and heartbreaking year. I'll be testing tomorrow but I know it'll be a bfn as af arrived like clockwork as always last week. I hope having a break gives you some strength and clarity, there is so little time to clear your head and heart in this game.

Jem 70, my partner and I have a 5yr old girl conceived naturally, and have been ttc #2 for 2 yrs now. We started IVF this year and have had one failed fresh and one failed frozen transfer. I've just turned 41 but my egg quality seems good, 9 fertilised out of 12. I'm starting to think I may have a problem from c-section scarring, but haven't done a lap yet. I'll be testing (after fet) tomorrow, but af has already been and gone. This was a really lonely month for me, as my beloved dad passed away 3 weeks ago.

Sorry for the long-winded description, I'll try to figure out how to write my history as one of those little postscripts eventually.

ps I'm new to forums and not entirely sure if it's ok for me to join in this thread as I'm not single, I won't be offended in the slightest if it's not so please let me know. I just found I related to your discussions and you seem like a lovely group of women.
    @Nereid it is a good thread - I'm a lurker here too even though I'm in my 30s and married but everyone here is rad so i hang around

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (20-10-2014),Nereid  (20-10-2014)