Closed Thread
Page 65 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jem and all, Angela is having done unsettled periods throughout the day where she doesn't know his to get herself back to sleep and then fusses for hours so spending time settling her but apart from that all going ok. Am starting to get used to the nighttime waking now but I think they only wake up for feeds at night until around 12 weeks. Still a long time though lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kelly, apparently same thing happens naturally, when ovulating its either one side or the other. Sometimes, when your having a good month, you could get both of those bad boys fire up but not as common for us anymore as we have less eggs available. As long as the ones that you have right now have the goods that's all you need. Will you have to swap oncall when you go to egg collection ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Helsbaby it sounds like you are handling things really well!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies looks like I am writing the update that I had hoped I wouldn't have to. AF turned up this morning and I took a test BFN to say I am devastated is an understatement. Everything seemed so textbook and I am wondering if this cycle didn't work what hope have I got. What else can I try, why isn't it working?
    I turn 40 in a month then it is Christmas so I'm thinking I am going to have a break for a few months and start fresh in the New Year, I just can't imagine putting myself through this all again in the near future. I don't think my heart can take it.
    I hope you are having a better Sunday than me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @littlesparrow74 I'm so sorry - we all had such high hopes. When this is bad it really is bloody awful isn't it.

No amount of positive encouragement is likely to help today. It's your time to simply feel angry that the logic just seems to fly out the window when it comes to IVF.

i think a little break sounds really wise. I know that I can't imagine moving forward again when you get that massive slap down.

But I hope you lean on the support you have here and when you're ready to run again you know you've got a collective experience to brainstorm next steps with.

Sending you big virtual hugs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @littlesparrow74 - gutted for you lovely. I was sure you'd get lucky with the 2 on board. Did you have any frosties from this cycle, would you do a FET? I'm with you on taking a break - with 4 cycles under my belt this year, I reckon I might need a couple months off if this fails. Need to regroup physically, emotionally and financially. Massive hugs to you girl xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sparrow, so sorry for that result, I k is how terrible it feels. Unfortunately even the best cycles can yield that dreaded negative result. It's a good idea to take time out for yourself and to enjoy the Xmas period then come back refreshed and ready to tackle it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your thoughts ladies. Your words mean so much to me as I know you all feel my pain and know the torment I am going through. 3 stim cycles and 3 FETs in 10 months has done me in mentally, emotionally and financially. I really need some time out to feel 'normal' again. To add insult to injury I have a slight gastro bug so just when I want to wollow in self pity with a bottle of wine and some comfort food I am instead sipping sweet black tea and nibbling a bit of dry toast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Really sorry to hear that Sparrow, was truly hoping this one would work out for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    littlesparrow74, so sorry about your results, it sounds like you've had such a long and heartbreaking year. I'll be testing tomorrow but I know it'll be a bfn as af arrived like clockwork as always last week. I hope having a break gives you some strength and clarity, there is so little time to clear your head and heart in this game.

Jem 70, my partner and I have a 5yr old girl conceived naturally, and have been ttc #2 for 2 yrs now. We started IVF this year and have had one failed fresh and one failed frozen transfer. I've just turned 41 but my egg quality seems good, 9 fertilised out of 12. I'm starting to think I may have a problem from c-section scarring, but haven't done a lap yet. I'll be testing (after fet) tomorrow, but af has already been and gone. This was a really lonely month for me, as my beloved dad passed away 3 weeks ago.

Sorry for the long-winded description, I'll try to figure out how to write my history as one of those little postscripts eventually.

ps I'm new to forums and not entirely sure if it's ok for me to join in this thread as I'm not single, I won't be offended in the slightest if it's not so please let me know. I just found I related to your discussions and you seem like a lovely group of women.
    Last edited by Nereid; 19-10-2014 at 15:45.