Closed Thread
Page 63 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    Two is crap for the general population but it's good for ole depleted reserves here. All I wanted from my last cycle was to get to embryo transfer and all I wanted from this new cycle was to get more than one follicle so...... Winning!!

Just wish I felt better physically, I really do not feel great.
    Two is good im very pleased for you Kelly

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (17-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelly, 2 is good news! There might be a few small ones in there in hiding that might come out over the next few days, I've had a few come out of the woodwork on later scans. I felt dreadful on elonva too, hopefully it's just that and you'll feel a bit better once the week is up.

scuba, Jem, littlesparrow, hope all of you have a great weekend.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (17-10-2014),Kelly70  (17-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Jem70 and @littesparrow74 - where are you guys at? Another week til BT Sparrow?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 last time I had 2 first scan then 3 then 7 then 9 - anything can happen

I've got my first scan on Monday - with FS. I actually prefer to use the ultrasound service because they give you a report and more details!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (17-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SpringRain any plans for another go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nereid View Post
    Hi Kelly, I haven't joined in this thread yet, have just joined the IVF Over 40 group, but I've been reading this from time to time as you seem like such lovely, knowledgeable, courageous women. I just want to wish you well for today, I can so well understand your fear, but there is hope there and you have to hang on to that. Best of luck. Thinking of you x
    Welcome @Nereid where are you currently on the crazy roller coaster ride?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jem70 - I was so sure there'd only be one follicle that I'm not sure I'll believe there's two until the next scan on Monday, let alone entertain the thought of there being any more than that.

I don't like these night time Menopur injections - I wake up rough, like you did Jem. I had a headache for 2 days (until I got some codeine into me today) and my appetite is gone. I feel like I'm in a fog. Hard to imagine this for another week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 I know what you mean. When I went for my scan last time and there were only 2 follicles I was devastated because it was worse than the first time. Even at the second scan FS dismissed everything else and said that was all I would get. I was so lucky there was one more scan and suddenly all these little follicles had grown. But even after that I'm still sick to my stomach about scanning on Monday. The drugs suck but the psychological damage that you go through is 10 times worse.

You are right - there is very little comfort to be found during the journey. Until you get to the very end of each cycle it is frankly bloody awful. But at least with @Helsbaby and @BlondeinBrisvegas we know it's possible and that keeps me going.

to everyone on this thread a huge thank you. It is so tough but I do feel a lot less alone surrounded by people who understand what I'm going through and are generous enough to support me!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-10-2014),Kelly70  (17-10-2014),littlesparrow74  (18-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's one strike for menopur kelly. If it gets you some good quality eggs it will all be worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agreed Faith - pretty sure it's the Menopur that got me to embryo transfer last cycle after terrible eggs on gonal f so I'll put up with it. Hoping it's gently coaxing those two follies along right now. Feeling much better today than yesterday thank goodness, sunshine is helping