Closed Thread
Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hah!! Not this weekend scuba I believe but it's her last day at work before starting mat leave.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (29-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep thought that too about Lynn with Ms Kruger referring to her as the baby whisperer and the best ivf doctor in the country. That girl don't need any more good press!! I think you're right, should keep the consult. Just not sure I'm up to doing the counseling Monday and I've already resched it twice. They're going to think I'm a lunatic.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (29-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    Yep thought that too about Lynn with Ms Kruger referring to her as the baby whisperer and the best ivf doctor in the country. That girl don't need any more good press!! I think you're right, should keep the consult. Just not sure I'm up to doing the counseling Monday and I've already resched it twice. They're going to think I'm a lunatic.
    Is that the donor counselling? You might feel a bit more confident doing it I thought since you've got one on board... Or is it mega intense? That was the other thing I wondered too - did you say some time ago your current clinic didn't have a good range? Might there be even better donors at the new clinic? That's an important consideration ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    ...I often say the best way to survive an interview is to interview them right back so you could go in armed with pushy intrusive questions about the quality of their donor menu ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep it's counselling to make sure you're really ready to go it alone and that you've thought all aspects of it through.

I've done two sessions with the dragon of all donor counsellors at Melb and I've been on this path for some time now so I'll nail it, but I just don't have the energy at the moment or something! Should just man up and try and knock it over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you feeling now Scuba, with yours on board? Is this your only frosty from this cycle or do you have more tucked away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    How are you feeling now Scuba, with yours on board? Is this your only frosty from this cycle or do you have more tucked away.
    I'm doing ok, I have two more on ice but it's hard to feel confident when the first one miscarried. I worry about there being chromosomal issues in the whole batch. Plus there has been so much sad news in the threads I'm in... It's hard to feel positive. I wish I felt something from the progesterone - I'm taking 100mg twice a day and then some because I keep taking extra ones to get around work timing. But I feel nothing - no sore boobs, no constipation... I am pleased tonight though to read that @BlondeinBrisvegas had her little baby girl today, she's in the over 40's group but I know her because she's stayed around some of the IVF threads being really sweet and supportive. So it gives me hope that eventually people do get babies. Sometimes it's hard to believe it's possible at all so it's nice to see someone get there

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 bugger what anyone thinks, you do whatever you need to rebook the counselling for a few weeks from now - from memory you don't have to do it before FS just before you can start a cycle.
    Last edited by Jem70; 29-08-2014 at 08:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy last day at work @Helsbaby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning allβ˜€οΈ, @Kelly70 - positive that you'll make the right decision for you re: seeing Lynne, but I know what you mean about finding the right protocol formula and trying it again once you've got a result. And you do have a jolly good result growing inside you now. (Grow embie grow!)

I'm a tad nervous about this new protocol for next cycle - it's another unknown.....
    "Deep breath, close eyes, jump."
    @ScubaGal - if there's one pearl I've gained on this ivf journey (especially pertinent as I only get one follicle each cycle) it's every egg is different. Hence, every embryo is different and so is every pregnancy. So cut yourself some slack and take comfort in the other women vixjc & hels who had no symptoms are are both UTD.. You'll probably look back in nine months time and be able to have a laugh over this stage of your rollercoaster ride. Big hugs to you ooxx @Jem70 - thanks for your inspiring words. I'm in again, so see ya there.
    Have been bopping around this morning to some old tunes. Funny how lyrics mean different things to you depending on where you're at in life....??!!

..."And we'll paint by numbers
    'Til something sticks
    Don't mind doing it for the kids
    (So come on) jump on board
    Take a ride (yeah)
    (Doin' it all right)

Thanks Robbie W.
    I'm feelin' alright!

Heading for sunshine and fun daze this weekend- can't wait. Woop!
    Hi to all the others reading along πŸ‘‹

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Biscotti71 For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (29-08-2014),Kelly70  (29-08-2014),ScubaGal  (29-08-2014)